Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Anyone else watch The Masters golf tournament? >

Anyone else watch The Masters golf tournament?

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Anyone else watch The Masters golf tournament?

Old 04-14-2019, 06:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Anyone else watch The Masters golf tournament?

You have to give credit where credit's due.... Tiger Woods (after something like 14 years) came roaring back at age 43 to win The Masters!

Back in his day, he was unbelievable, and would win and win and win, and basically turned the whole golf industry upside-down. But it took a toll on his body and he seriously screwed up his back, etc... had to quit for a while, have surgery/multi-surgeries, recover, go through PT, etc... and slowly worked his way back. And he proved all the "naysayers" wrong, and won The Masters this afternoon!

Golf is an addicting sport, where there is no margin for error. One tiny degree off, when smacking the golf ball off the tee, will send the ball slicing off into the trees never to be seen again. Putting is where the game is won or lost. You may think that the ball is only 8 feet away and it's a straight shot, just tap the ball and it'll roll right into the cup. Pffffffttttt... That ball will curve and veer off when you least expect it. It's a sport that can elate you to greatness and it can drive you to your knees in despair.

Who else plays golf on here?
Old 04-14-2019, 07:54 PM
Super Moderator

I don't golf.

My first job was on a golf course and I did maintenance there on and off for probably 6 years.

But I've always been fascinated by tigers career, and that of any 'dominant' athlete.

Yesterday was the perfect type day for tiger to put together a win too.

It was fun to watch the highlights of it.

-Jake
Old 04-15-2019, 04:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nope. The only thing I can think that would be more boring to watch than NASCAR is golf. Time watching them is time spent not fishing.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:01 AM
Dominant Buck

I used to golf but decided it was too tough on my bad knee so I gave it up to keep the knee good for hunting and fishing. 92 year old mom had a fall and was in the hospital ER and I was with her so I didn't even know about his win. Pretty amazing even so.
Looks like flags opinion with NASCAR is about the same as many other people. That form of entertainment is on the way out according to what I have read,