Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

When You're Old

Old 09-29-2018, 03:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Looks great. Good luck with it. You've got me jealous.
Old 10-01-2018, 08:34 AM
Dominant Buck

You can't go wrong with Candied salmon. I would post the recipe but can't find the book for some reason. It was here a few months ago when I hosted some friends. I blame them lol. But Project Smoke is an awesome book. It's been my favorite by far. I did recently buy another book dedicated to curing and smoking. Finally had the time to open and read some of it last night. So tailgating in two weeks the menu will consist of two different bacon recipes, maple and one with garlic and paper. Smoked Canadian bacon and candied salmon.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:19 AM
Dominant Buck

Ordered a new Project Smoke book last night and found my original one this morning. Darn it looks like my tailgate bud is getting a book next weekend.

Going to get pork tonight to do some more smoking this weekend and next week before the tailgate. I can taste it already.
Old 11-01-2018, 10:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

It looks awesome but we want to see some of the finished products..
Old 11-01-2018, 02:20 PM
Spike

That's a great looking cold smoker. I have one but its not that pretty. Maybe someday I will make a nice one like that too. Its the only way to make summer sausage or deer sausage. Cold smoked and dry cured.
Old 11-01-2018, 04:56 PM
Dominant Buck

I was planning on doing honey baked ham for Thanksgiving and my Turkey on the egg but right now I'm cooking a pig for my sons football team a week from Saturday. I have a lot to get prepared for so my smokehouse cooking is pur on hold. The good news, my new kegerator is now up and running tonight. I haven't left my bar tomorrow will come early.
Old 01-07-2019, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't posted in a while but this got my attention. I was just looking through the pics and thought What's he building here? Hmmmm, something with a cleanout. That's cool. What, an outhouse? With a cleanout? That's kinda gross. OMG, it's on fire!!!! Oh, bacon, is that bacon? OMG, it's backyard smoker!!! Man, what a great idea!!! Good job Fieldmouse
Old 01-08-2019, 10:53 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks, I told my wife if the neighbors asked that it was an outhouse. Told her to say, you know we tend to entertain large groups over the weekends at times and we feel the need to give our septic a break. Lol

The bacon has been unbelievable. Something sweet about pulling a slab out and slicing off a few strips.
Old 01-08-2019, 11:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Smile

I'm like WVCritter,... at first I thought he was building a luxury outhouse !!! LOL
Old 04-16-2019, 02:51 PM
Spike

Nice job, it looks awesome

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service