Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Call to post ..old OS players >

Call to post ..old OS players

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Call to post ..old OS players

Old 04-01-2018, 09:50 AM
Typical Buck

another one that comes to me is X-Mountie. sure miss talking to him in here. by the way, Happy Easter to everyone.

Last edited by Mr. Slim; 04-01-2018 at 09:54 AM.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:55 AM
Little Doe Peep

Wink

Originally Posted by Mr. Slim View Post
another one that comes to me is X-Mountie. sure miss talking to him in here.
He was a wonderful person. I found out through him that the mods in chat could read private messages. I hated it when he passed on.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:55 AM
Typical Buck

jake, we might be using the same site from Pa.
Old 04-01-2018, 02:23 PM
Spike

I not only come on hunting sites but also mining sites as well and they are all taking the hit .Most are going to facebook .too bad.
Old 04-01-2018, 07:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

I still come thru occasionally.
Old 04-02-2018, 03:51 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by sachiko View Post
He was a wonderful person. I found out through him that the mods in chat could read private messages. I hated it when he passed on.
I don't know anything about chat but mods can't read other members PMs on HNI. ...at least they couldn't when I served as a mod.
Old 04-02-2018, 05:16 AM
Little Doe Peep

Wink

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
I don't know anything about chat but mods can't read other members PMs on HNI. ...at least they couldn't when I served as a mod.
I had told another girl who was posting on chat that I was pregnant in the PM part of chat. X-Mountie messaged me in PM that he was hurt that I had not told him. I felt bad about that because I fully intended to tell him. But that's how I know that the mods could read PMs.

Some of the older members I have met on HNI are sort of a father image to me.
Old 04-02-2018, 05:37 AM
Dominant Buck

I haven't been to chat so not sure what it is. I don't even think it is supported by HNI now ....but not sure. I know Pm's on these boards are indeed private at the mod power level. I am not sure what admin can see.
Old 04-02-2018, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator

I don't think chat is operational right now. I'm not sure if that is a temporary condition or it's a permanent change. I'd honestly have to ask Admin about that.

The issue of whether Mods can read PMs or not has come up before. I have never been able to read another member's PMs before unless said member sent or forwarded the PM to me as a PM. As far as I know, only Admin can read PMs but the ability is buried a few layers in their Admin screen and have been told (by admin) that they don't check PMs unless it's been brought to their attention (IOW, they don't bother unless there's some legal reason to do so).

I'm not trying to discount Sachiko's experience with X-Mountie and believe she had the discussion with X-Mountie. As best I can recollect, X-Mountie was not an Admin type Mod like Christine is so he should not have had that ability to read PMs. That doesn't mean that he didn't have a PM forwarded to him, which has happened over the years (member forwarding a PM to a Mod, usually as evidence of a complaint).

Sachiko, are you sure you weren't in chat when that happened? I didn't use chat a lot but believe a mod was able to log into that while remaining invisible (not 100% sure of that capability though since I only went into chat a couple times).
[EDIT, I saw the PM part but not the chat part. IIRC, I believe Mods could go into chat in invisible mode to monitor. I wasn't in chat hardly at all so I don't know about a Mod being able to read a "private" chat conversation. Based on what Sachiko said (after I read it more thoroughly), it sounds like X-Mountie was able to read a private chat conversation that was still within the chat feature and not a PM as we know them.]

So for the record, I am not aware of Mod's having an ability to read members' PMs. And in full disclosure, I just tried to find where such a link would be on both my Mod page and I even double-checked it while looking at CI's page (sorry buddy) but I can't find such a link or permission for mods. If anybody is concerned about the issue, either you can ask Admin about it or I can if you prefer. No offense will be taken as I would want to know about that ability as well.

Last edited by CalHunter; 04-02-2018 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Update
Old 04-02-2018, 01:20 PM
Dominant Buck

Damn mods.......I feel violated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.