Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

I love taco's

Old 09-09-2017, 05:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flags View Post
Well according to your profile the last time you posted was in 2011. Why is that?
Well its a big mystery. But if you must know. There was a great purge on these forum boards. And with the invention and rose of social media. Nobody uses these community's like they used to
Old 09-09-2017, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was just seeing if I would see any names I knew. And im surprised I remember my password... Used to be there was at least 30 members in off-season at all times with at least 25 new threads a day. I can't wait till tuesday!

Last edited by Alpha Capo; 09-09-2017 at 05:20 AM.
Old 09-09-2017, 10:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Alpha Capo View Post
Well its a big mystery. But if you must know. There was a great purge on these forum boards.
Since you are posting that means you weren't "purged." You just went away for 7 or 8 years and you somehow expect things to be the same?
Old 09-09-2017, 12:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

I love smoked brisket Tacos with pico de gallo and a little sour cream.
Old 09-09-2017, 01:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Making feijoada today with pork belly and some sausages added. Aka Brazilian black bean stew but mine has a slight Cuban twist to it. I used a Cuban sofirto recipe and added just a little heat to it.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 09-09-2017 at 08:44 PM.
Old 09-10-2017, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks good Emeril Lagasse
I see a few names but not many. I see some big names in the memorial thread. Now I'm sad.

Last edited by Alpha Capo; 09-10-2017 at 07:29 AM.
Old 09-10-2017, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flags View Post
Since you are posting that means you weren't "purged." You just went away for 7 or 8 years and you somehow expect things to be the same?
Never said "I" was purged.
Old 09-10-2017, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just made a 10lb pork shoulder into pulled pork yesterday. 50/50 mix one part Carolina style other BBQ, and got some home made coleslaw. Will be excellent tacos for next few days
Old 09-10-2017, 09:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Never said "I" was purged.
Nor did I. But it is clear you stayed away for years. Why? And why would you expect things to remain the same?

As to the topic, I'm partial to tacos made with cabrita if they are made by someone who knows what they are doing.
Old 09-10-2017, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator

Well its a big mystery. But if you must know. There was a great purge on these forum boards. And with the invention and rose of social media. Nobody uses these community's like they used to
Welcome back. The above emboldened part of your post kind of says it all. Too many alternatives and everybody is moving on with their lives and getting spread out. If you go back through the "great purge," it's not as extensive as you might guess.

The former mod that you're thinking of didn't permaban as many people as you think--less than 10 according to an Admin/Mod list that I checked. The "purge" happened when the Off Season was removed to a Mod/Admin only part of the site for a couple months and people just stopped posting. It took a lot behind the scenes advocating over a couple of months to get the OS back. When the OS was finally restored (with the correct name), the damage had already been done. Many people either didn't return or only posted in the returned forum sporadically. There were some alternative forums created for former OS members to flee to during the time that the OS was gone but none of those really took off either after the initial complaining period in those forums.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.