Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
New Denver Broncos QB >

New Denver Broncos QB

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

New Denver Broncos QB

Old 09-08-2016, 10:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default New Denver Broncos QB

That kid looked pretty dang impressive tonight.

Trevor Siemian
Old 09-12-2016, 06:33 AM
Fork Horn

To be his first NFL game ever played, yes he did look very good! Defense is what will win games for the Broncos this year. I'm just glad Von Miller is on our side!
Old 09-12-2016, 07:18 AM
Dominant Buck

Yes he did look good and to think he did so without some additional talent like Gronk. Going to be interesting if he does well and wins especially when Brady comes back and is rusty from not working. I think the league was wrong to screw with the Patriots year. Benching one of the best QB of all time over something unproven like that is a ridiculous abuse of power.
Old 09-12-2016, 07:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
Benching one of the best QB of all time over something unproven like that is a ridiculous abuse of power.
What was "unproven?" The balls were under inflated and there is no way that a QB like Brady didn't know it. Face it the Pats have been found guilty of or suspected of cheating more than once.

http://elitedaily.com/sports/history...eating/910436/

2002: Marshall Faulk claims Patriots cheated Rams out of Super Bowl win

2004: James Harrison calls out the Patriots for more signal stealing

2007: The videotaping controversy known as “Spygate” rocks the NFL

2015: Legendary coach Don Shula calls out Bill Belichick

2015: Used illegal plays against Baltimore in divisional playoff game.

2015: Accused of deflating balls during AFC Championship game against Indianapolis

Seems to me there is kind of a history there. Do you know what other coaches have nicknamed New England’s Bill Belichick? ‘Beli-cheat!
Old 09-12-2016, 08:09 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by flags View Post
What was "unproven?" The balls were under inflated and there is no way that a QB like Brady didn't know it. Face it the Pats have been found guilty of or suspected of cheating more than once.

2002: Marshall Faulk claims Patriots cheated Rams out of Super Bowl win

2015: Used illegal plays against Baltimore in divisional playoff game.

2015: Accused of deflating balls during AFC Championship game against Indianapolis

Seems to me there is kind of a history there. Do you know what other coaches have nicknamed New England’s Bill Belichick? ‘Beli-cheat!
Yes Belichick has been accused of using all the tools available to win some of which were not right but there is nothing legally proven that Brady orchestrated the balls to be deflated. Proven beyond a reasonable doubt...not from the way I see it. Did he know more than he admitted.. a reasonable person would probably say yes. 4 game suspension I think is excessive. And I am not a Pats fan.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:30 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
Yes he did look good and to think he did so without some additional talent like Gronk.
I believe you're thinking of Jimmy Garoppolo. Trevor Siemian is the new QB for Denver. I've got to agree with Flags on this. It was proven the balls were not inflated to NFL requirements & Brady had to of known by gripping the football. Spygate, deflategate...... what "gate" is next?
Old 09-12-2016, 12:03 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by BrushyPines View Post
I believe you're thinking of Jimmy Garoppolo. Trevor Siemian is the new QB for Denver. I've got to agree with Flags on this. It was proven the balls were not inflated to NFL requirements & Brady had to of known by gripping the football. Spygate, deflategate...... what "gate" is next?
Oh crap you are absolutely right. I stayed up late to watch the Patriots game and watched it to the end and it started at 8:20 pm eastern time. When I saw the new QB I connected the dots and assumed it was about Garappolo since that was the game I watched. Denver which was clearly in the thread topic is certainly not New England. Sorry I wasn't in the right game. Pretty dumb on my part. I guess I better read a little better but I have a lot on my mind right now. As far as deflategate these guys play in everything from 70 to 80 degree temps all the way down to zero and below. The rules for ball inflation are quite liberal I believe which takes into account air pressure and temperature all of which would and could change the feel and hardness of the balls. Did Brady know...my bet is yes but I doubt there will ever be proof beyond a reasonable doubt that he caused it. I feel most coaches and players will take advantage of any advantage they can such as trick plays and mistakes made by officials or other teams. Belichick does seem to have a history of going all in when it comes to looking for an advantage. Glad my team is the Giants which had their own newbie...the coach.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 09-12-2016 at 12:09 PM.
Old 09-14-2016, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flags View Post
What was "unproven?" The balls were under inflated and there is no way that a QB like Brady didn't know it.
What proof do you have?
Brady under oath and penalty of perjury said he knew nothing.
Let me repeat - UNDER OATH! And the ONLY person that was.

The The Wells Report (more than 82,000 words and Millions of $$)) came back with their results and I quote:
Based on the evidence, it also is our view that it is more probable than not that Tom Brady (the quarterback for the Patriots) was at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities of McNally and Jastremski involving the release of air from Patriots game balls," the report reads.
...'more probable than not' - Does that sound proven to you?

Face it the Pats have been found guilty of or suspected of cheating more than once.

2002: Marshall Faulk claims Patriots cheated Rams out of Super Bowl win Did Faulk prove his claims and to whom?

Did Harrison prove his claims and to whom?
Absolute proof. The Team was penalized loosing a 1st round pick and fined $750, 000 and $1,000,000 accordingly and they surely deserved what they got.

Did Shula prove his claims and to whom?
2015: Used illegal plays against Baltimore in divisional playoff game. Plays (formations) were never labeled Illegal

See above

What coaches?

The Patriots were accused and rightfully so for Spygate and they paid.
Yes, the Patriots and their coach can be arrogant and cocky and I don't like either - even as a Pat's Fan!