Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Calling all the original posters. >

Calling all the original posters.

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Calling all the original posters.

Old 09-07-2015, 04:26 PM
Little Doe Peep

Wink

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine View Post
It used to be a lot of fun even when I first joined on.. I can recall commenting one a post someone had started and the next day it was 5 to 10 pages long.. They just kept going and going all in good taste and a lot of fun.. Yeah there was a few that would try and blast someone for something but they never lasted that long.. Those were the good ole days..
Yes, I remember all that Phil. People would post fun stuff and different posters would poke fun at others, but never serious put downs, just fun stuff, sort of like the exchanges at our favorite bar.

And we have some characters on this forum now. How many hunting related forums have a four foot seven, 72 lb. female member who hunts with a .50 caliber Hawken style muzzleloader and a 30 pound bow, and doesn't have to use deodorant?

And then there's Phil, a Communist from Maine, who just posted?

I, frankly, don't think the folks who were posting here when I joined are coming back .... ever. Okay, maybe Judyboi will pop in now and then.

I do think we need to resist the urge to over modulate. There was a lot of stuff posted back then, that might not go over in the present climate. I do remember often asking my husband, (remember I was only 16 and had a sheltered upbringing.) what some of that stuff meant.
Old 09-07-2015, 04:52 PM
Dominant Buck

Oh I don’t know about that. This thread is only 3 pages long and already we have heard from in addition to you.....Mr4pt, Big John, Cal Hunter, Thundermug, Chuck 7, game Stalker, BruceLanthier, berniegoeasily, Ridge Runner, Phil, Sswpriz, all people who have been here around a decade and some much more. It is a start.

And Priz...I'd like my chicken fried..southern style. Forky you holding out on the barnyard birds?

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 09-07-2015 at 04:57 PM.
Old 09-07-2015, 05:00 PM
Little Doe Peep

Wink

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
Oh I donít know about that. This thread is only 3 pages long and already we have heard from in addition to you.....Mr4pt, Big John, Cal Hunter, Thundermug, Chuck 7, BruceLanthier, berniegoeasily, Ridge Runner, Phil, Sswpriz, all people who have been here around a decade and some much more. It is a start.

And Priz...I'd like my chicken fried..southern style. Forky you holding out on the barnyard birds?
That's great! And I'm pushing to keep it going. I would like to see those multi-page threads again with people bantering back and forth.

It's time to get loose people.

And I want my autographed picture of Willie Nelson. A while back, when I was even younger, someone asked me about Justin Bieber. Who the heck was that? Well, I'll confess, Willie Nelson is the guy who turns me on.
Old 09-07-2015, 05:41 PM
New Sheriff

You people and your chickens, I thought we had that all cleared up.
i think yall misunderstood me. I said a chicken in every pot and Willie Nelson in the same sentence and all yall heard was Willie Nelson and pot.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

...... game Stalker,....... all people who have been here around a decade and some much more. It is a start.
I thank you for that, CI, but I must unfortunately relinquish that title. Honorary titles, however, are accepted upon vote of the afore mentioned members. Otherwise, I continue on to earn that worthy title at some future date. Now, back to the regularly scheduled program.

Last edited by Game Stalker; 09-07-2015 at 07:03 PM.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:21 PM
Super Moderator

Some answers below in blue ink.

Originally Posted by sachiko View Post
I have an, admittedly, rude question.
It's a fair question and actually not rude.

Why all this weeping over the lack of participation by the "Original Posters?"
Weeping is an accurate description. Many of those original posters posted little and faded away. The ones who posted regularly for a while though, helped make this a magical place that was a lot of fun, unique and special. Call it nostalgia, memories of a simpler time or just having all of the stars lining up right. It was a lot of fun. Wanting to experience that again isn't about being sad--it's about wanting to enjoy the forums more.

Are those of us who participate and post on a fairly regular basis of little value?
No, each of you brings something to the table. But many newer people post differently and it's often just not the same. Back then, most members posting just wanted to have fun, not win arguments. When they were serious about a subject, it was a discussion with respect given to people they might disagree with but still enjoyed debating with.

Back then, it was often friends with similar passions about hunting, fishing, etc. who happened to disagree on a single subject or issue but still remained friends. Nobody called each other names unless it was in jest and the recipient was often in on the joke. Members hardly ever complained about each other and there was a lot of witty banter and just plain joking around.

Nowadays, many of the newer members call each other names because their feelings were hurt and often can't seem to post a rebuttal argument without insults. It's not all members or even a majority of members but it sure drags the forums down. It even keeps some members from posting as much.

So wishing for a return of members who by and large posted in a more civil and more fun manner shouldn't be so hard to understand and also shouldn't be cause for feeling somehow slighted. After all, if those members did start posting again, you would reap the benefit of the fun as well.
Old 09-08-2015, 01:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

And then there's Phil, a Communist from Maine, who just posted?

So fill me in on this remark please.. I would love to know why you feel that way..

I grew up here and have my relatives fight in wars and ect.. Maine per captia has one of the highest number of young people entering the service as well. I am not sure what country you are from but you need to take this remark back..

Yes, I strongly believe in taxing the rich instead of burying the middle and poor classes into taxes.. I believe in Countries like China ( an example ) the rich is the only ones with money while the rest live in poverty.. Are they communists? Last time I checked they was.. So keep taxing the poor and middle class to death and we will be just like China and the like.. Thanks for clearing that one up..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 09-08-2015 at 01:25 AM.
Old 09-08-2015, 02:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Oh I donít know about that. This thread is only 3 pages long and already we have heard from in addition to you.....Mr4pt, Big John, Cal Hunter, Thundermug, Chuck 7, game Stalker, BruceLanthier, berniegoeasily, Ridge Runner, Phil, Sswpriz, all people who have been here around a decade and some much more. It is a start.

There's a bunch of names I recognize.... Wow, flashbacks...

I'm still around, but don't post up as much as I used to.
Old 09-08-2015, 03:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ButchA View Post

I'm still around, but don't post up as much as I used to.
Since you're still around, why not?
Old 09-08-2015, 03:39 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Game Stalker View Post
I thank you for that, CI, but I must unfortunately relinquish that title. Honorary titles, however, are accepted upon vote of the afore mentioned members. Otherwise, I continue on to earn that worthy title at some future date. Now, back to the regularly scheduled program.
I was aware you weren't one of the year 2003 members (many of those joined in the late 1990's) but since you are not a brand new member I added you to the list. My feeling is it isn't join date or post count which elevates members it is quality posts in an HNI community way.
Add another original to the list ButchA. Nice to see you posting.

I would like to see a guest appearance of a fellow north country crappie fisherman bawanajim.

And then there's Phil, a Democrat from Maine, who just posted?
I think the highlited would be a more accurate way to describe Phil. I don't think many of us would like to be called a Communist. But that is just me and I'll leave any editing or not to you.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 09-08-2015 at 03:54 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.