Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

A New Mod

Old 08-29-2015, 08:20 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner View Post
just glad its you and not me, I'd melt the banned button the way things are now!
RR
Ha! RR I found the Real Ban Button Once Long ago RR - Banned the Whole Dang Web Site - Every Forum - Every Post - Everything for a bit. Didn't mean to.....but I found the secret button.....and yep ...Hmmm what does this button do? Oh Geez this will leave a mark.....but I did not hide it. I told Chris I had pulled a oopsie....

And she has never let me forget it either!
JW
Old 08-30-2015, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
I am politically a moderate. I intend to moderate in a moderate way. />
That's probably a good thing....I think. Congrats CI.
Old 08-30-2015, 07:20 AM
Little Doe Peep

Wink

Champlain Islander, it should be noted, considers himself a moderate, but is EXTREMELY moderate.

So is someone who is extremely moderate really a moderate or just another form of extremist?
Old 08-30-2015, 05:16 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by sachiko View Post
Champlain Islander, it should be noted, considers himself a moderate, but is EXTREMELY moderate.

So is someone who is extremely moderate really a moderate or just another form of extremist?
You may be on to something. I am so far in the middle I can't see the boundaries. I can't see much to the right or left but that could be due to old age and my head not turning far enough.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:32 PM
New Sheriff

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
You may be on to something. I am so far in the middle I can't see the boundaries. I can't see much to the right or left but that could be due to old age and my head not turning far enough.
I tend to lean to the right..

But that could be the whiskey
Old 08-30-2015, 10:45 PM
Super Moderator

I consider myself conservative so I guess that means I moderate less??
Old 08-31-2015, 03:42 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by CalHunter View Post
I consider myself conservative so I guess that means I moderate less??
We always think about politics in a left/ right scenario. Just for giggles how would it look if it was a north/ south graph? First thing that comes to my mind is Conservative would be on top at the north end and Liberal would be at the bottom or south end. That ought to open a few can of worms.
Old 08-31-2015, 05:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

Of course liberals would be at the bottom, that is where gravity takes crap.
Old 08-31-2015, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr View Post
Of course liberals would be at the bottom, that is where gravity takes crap.
lol.....you nailed it!
Old 09-16-2015, 06:54 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Gm54-120 View Post
Congrats, it appears you replaced LBR who has not been around for a couple months and is no longer listed as a mod.
Just to clear the air on this topic. I guess you could perceive it as that but that wasn't how it was planned or conceived. I was the mod who attempted to persuade CI to become a mod. I didn't envision CI as a replacement mod any more than I envisioned another member I attempted to recruit to become a mod (he apparently wasn't interested as best I can tell).

The simple facts are that HNI has 22 listed mods, not counting contest mods, sponsors (Advertisers) or Admin (that includes Christine). Of those 22 mods, 2 have passed away (God rest their souls) and have been left listed as Mods as a sign of respect and memorial.

Of the remaining 20 mods, about 9 (less than half) are active and have posted/moderated in 2015. Of those 9 or so mods, less than half actively moderate complaints or issues within the forums (the rest are more comfortable banning spam only, which is valuable also). That means a handful of mods (maybe 5) handle complaints, flame-wars, feuds, etc. Of those 5, I believe (could be wrong but it seems like...) 2 are retired, 2 still work full-time or about that and 1 is "semi-retired." That means 2 and 1/2 mods that are frequently available throughout the day to handle problems when they occur, not at the end of the day after several pages of flame-wars have occurred.

I'm not trying to put anybody down--I deeply appreciate each mod for the valuable contributions they make to keeping HNI running well. Each freely donates time which is the most valuable commodity. But facts are still facts--we can use a few more mods around here.

Admin is actually great on this website--they don't tend to jump in or try to micromanage. That is huge. As the Site Admin, Christine does the same thing and supports us which is also huge. But we could use a few more active mods. LBR stepping down and CI being promoted was a push--Both were active mods and deeply care about this place. Both brought a lot to the table and are deeply appreciated.

I'm not planning on leaving HNI any time soon but I believe very much in recruiting the next generation of mods to help HNI continue running smoothly, building it back up and to establish continuity when it's eventually time (not for a long time I hope) for some of the older mods and I to step down. Sure, it's a leadership position but it brings a huge amount of responsibility to all of the members. Bringing quality mods like CI on board just means this place will continue running well and building up to the best that it can be.

This is a little long winded but hopefully it helps dispel some of the possible conspiracy theories people might imagine or legitimate worries they might have. I think all of us want this place to do well and to keep improving. And be very careful that I don't get around to trying to recruit you or the next 5 guys you post with.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.