Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Sometimes

Old 10-04-2013, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Sometimes

Sometimes ya just gotsta ask yourself....

Is it reallyworth it???
Sometimes ya hafta answer yes,,,,
So far the attorney has cost me 7 grand.... My wife(soon to be ex) would have cost me much more....not to mention her attorney fees...
Well...thats what I keep telling myself anyways....
Can I have some wishes of good luck?
Shoot guys...I can take a joke....THrow some roasts my way and make all of us laugh!!
Old 10-07-2013, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Like the old saying goes. Marriage is grand, divorce is ten grand.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just was told why is divorce so expensive? Because it is worth it!

Yesterday comedian Josh Blue posted " marriage is betting 50% of your stuff that you will love her forever"
Should not have used quotes as I made it a bit more kid friendly
Old 10-08-2013, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Hairtrigger View Post
" marriage is betting 50% of your stuff that you will love her forever"
LOL!!!! I wish that was true!
I had to throw out most of my stuff when I married her 18 years ago! When I say most, I mean 99% of it.....LOL!
The only thing we kept was the TV and entertainment center, But we kept all of her junk...er...stuff...
Old 10-08-2013, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Hairtrigger View Post
I just was told why is divorce so expensive? Because it is worth it!
I sure hope that is true! LOL!
Old 10-08-2013, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by JeffS View Post
Like the old saying goes. Marriage is grand, divorce is ten grand.
I have gotsta remember this one!
Old 10-08-2013, 06:57 PM
Dominant Buck

Let me ask, she wasn't the one who has to move right?

Sorry to hear about your issues, my MIL told asked me and then told me right after we let her know we were getting married. She asked, do you know what this means? I in my confident stutter, recited, yes, I will love her, take care of her, provide for her.....then was cut off in mid- sentence. She said no, I do not believe in divorce but I do believe in murder and I have the relatives to do it as soon as the get out of jail! Up until the day she died, she told me to get on the edge of the photograph in case she had to cut me out later in life. To this day, that's my spot.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nobody has moved out yet. She filed last November, and we have still lived together but in different bedrooms. She still thinks she can tell me what to do, when to do it and how to do it......Oh, and in what order to do it in.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

I had a client that had been going through a tough divorce, and between a temporary hearing and the final divorce decree, I thought the stress was going to get the best of him. He had some vacation days built up, so I told him to take a week off and go relax, unwind, and get out of town and away from it all for a while. He thought that sounded good, so he did just that and went to an island in the Caribbean.

He was walking along the beach one day and heard someone yelling for help. He looked in a little cove and found a little boat that had capsized and could see what looked like an elderly couple that were struggling to stay afloat. He swam out to them and rescued them.

Turns out they were very well off and were living out their golden years enjoying themselves. They asked what he was doing there, and he told them. The wife and husband had a private discussion, and then the wife said her and her husband were very grateful for what he had done, and if there were anything they could do for him, they would. But she warned that since the divorce wasn't final, it was likely whatever they gave him, his soon-but-not-yet ex-wife would get double. If they built him a house, they would probably have to give his ex two just for him to keep his. If they gave him a million, they'd probably have to buy his ex off for two. So they asked what he would like.

He thought for a minute, then said "Oh, just beat me half to death."
Old 10-10-2013, 03:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by North Texan View Post
I had a client that had been going through a tough divorce, and between a temporary hearing and the final divorce decree, I thought the stress was going to get the best of him. He had some vacation days built up, so I told him to take a week off and go relax, unwind, and get out of town and away from it all for a while. He thought that sounded good, so he did just that and went to an island in the Caribbean.

He was walking along the beach one day and heard someone yelling for help. He looked in a little cove and found a little boat that had capsized and could see what looked like an elderly couple that were struggling to stay afloat. He swam out to them and rescued them.

Turns out they were very well off and were living out their golden years enjoying themselves. They asked what he was doing there, and he told them. The wife and husband had a private discussion, and then the wife said her and her husband were very grateful for what he had done, and if there were anything they could do for him, they would. But she warned that since the divorce wasn't final, it was likely whatever they gave him, his soon-but-not-yet ex-wife would get double. If they built him a house, they would probably have to give his ex two just for him to keep his. If they gave him a million, they'd probably have to buy his ex off for two. So they asked what he would like.

He thought for a minute, then said "Oh, just beat me half to death."