Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Can You Fall back in Love? >

Can You Fall back in Love?

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Can You Fall back in Love?

Old 09-07-2012, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Parrot Head View Post
Here is what she told me. They were on vacation in FL. she was looking at him at dinner with the kids and could think of one thing that attracted her to him. I am sure 20 years ago there was.
She needs to look for what she saw in him 20 years ago.
Tell her to make a list of every thing he does for her,
after a while she will see a lot of things to be attracted to.
If she loved him 20 years ago, she can love him again.
Being happy is not her husbands place, its her place.
Only she can make herself happy.
Loving a person is some times a choice, not just a feeling.
True Love doesn't go away.

Just saying.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Iím good on this one; our first twenty years were about ME! We had four kids and it was about dad fishing and hunting WHEN I was home, I spent a lot of time on the road playing with so many different bands some got big and most didnít. I made a good living no one went hungry, but she went through pure hell, then I think I grew up. I got out of the music business and started hanging around home more and things got better and better. We got a place in the country because I got into horses and our youngest son and I teamed roped, weekend turned out to be a family week end with us roping in various towns. My wife and I feel head over heels in love again (it all about communication).
Twelve years ago I lost my wife to cancer and yesterday would have been our 41st anniversary; I miss her so much. I dreamed about her last night (our anniversary) and I hugged her in my dream and told her how much I missed her, she looked so beautiful and it seemed so real. I wish I could take back those ugly selfish 20 years but I canít. The only thing I can say is donít do anything you will one day regret.
Old 09-08-2012, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds like she isn't getting the best advice for her. Is she getting counseling for herself? Depression perhaps? More common than you'd think. Statistically, affairs never last. 2 not 1 person(s) are having the affair and that rarely builds trust or lasting relationships. Eventually her kids and husband will find out. It's hard for a spouse to get past the fact they've been cheated on and it often causes a divorce. Kids usually aren't very happy about the cheating either and tend to feel betrayed. It's your friend but you should advise her carefully. Good luck.

Last edited by CalHunter; 09-08-2012 at 06:05 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:46 AM
Little Doe Peep

Unhappy

This thread disturbs me but I've been reluctant to post anything because people are likely to say, "sachiko's only been married 5 1/2 years, what does she know?" Okay, I'm going to post anyway.

So this woman has been cheating on her husband. She decided after 14 years of marriage that she isn't attracted to him anymore and finds herself a lover, who is probably also married. Now they've been married for 20 years and she's looking for an excuse to split.

I have to ask, what is she doing to make herself attractive to him? He doesn't talk? What does she talk to him about? (Probably not about her boyfriend.) What did they talk about before they got married?

When I got married, some people informed that the thrill would wear off after a year or two. Well the thrill hasn't worn off. I am still just as thrilled as I was the first week after we met. We do everything together except work and school. Okay, the girls and I do about 2/3 of the grocery shopping when it's convenient for us. Otherwise we take the girls with us everywhere we go except work and school and when we actually hunt. We take them scouting and when we go fishing. They are learning how it's done. They even go with us when we go out to the bar. They love to "dance" with daddy when there's a band. He enjoys the taste of beer and I've learned to enjoy a little taste now and then myself.

When I got married I promised a lot of things and one of them was to "forsake all others." I meant it. I work at making myself attractive to my husband and he responds in kind. I think this woman has become a lazy dullard with no commitment to her marriage and is blaming it on her husband. If she isn't willing to honor her commitment to the marriage and wants to act the slut, I don't see much of anything he can do.

And she'll be the one hurting the kids
Old 09-09-2012, 09:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

The problem with this whole thread is that we only have one side of the story!!
Old 09-09-2012, 08:02 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Parrot Head View Post
It is a woman here at school. She doesnt want to hurt or scar her children ages 15, 13, an 5. But everyone she has talked to has told her the same thing she deserves to be happy too. The kids will and probably already have picked up on this. Life is to long to be unhappy.
You...OR.. "The Woman" started this trip. You/She were the one that went and broke your marriage vows. It wasn't the man. Now you're trying to get forgiveness or assuradness that you are doing the right thing by leaving. WRONG..... you did it, you made your bed... you've already got both feet out the door. NO.... NO... I'm not going to tell you it was the thing to do. BUT,,,... you did it. It's your fault. Your kids will suffer, your husband will suffer... and you're the tramp. LOL That's the way I see it. Now do whatever you want because you've done that up until now. Obviously you didn't do what was the "Right thing to do". Don't trash your husband to the kids. You did it.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:32 PM
Typical Buck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ9oLwi2Q7c

that's probably how you will make your family feel.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

I haven't heard on thing that indicates you should be any part of this situation. So many more times than not, you have to excuse yourself from the situation.

"Sorry to hear things aren't going so well Sue (or whatever her name is). Ya know, me and my wife just make sure we do our best to regularly communicate in a meaningful fashion. I don't think it's right for me to listen to just your side of the story. I know you and don't know your husband. So that would obviously and unfairly lead to me supporting you and your decisions. And on top of that, even if I were to listen to both sides of the story, I am not a counselor or therapist. I value our friendship enough to tell you I don't want to risk that friendship by getting into something I don't feel right about."

Can you post a picture of her? If you can I may have other advice....
Old 09-11-2012, 02:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wonder if Shortdraw and Parrothead are the man and woman in this story?? LOL!!!
Old 09-12-2012, 03:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by thundermug View Post
I wonder if Shortdraw and Parrothead are the man and woman in this story?? LOL!!!

It could be, they might both be married to theirselves..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.