Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Need suggestion for my fog lights? >

Need suggestion for my fog lights?

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Need suggestion for my fog lights?

Old 05-19-2012, 10:25 AM
Spike

Default Need suggestion for my fog lights?

I am thinking about changing my fog lights to either 3000K HID Conversion kit or just some 20 bucks Super Yellow Halogen bulbs.
I have seen them side by side before and somehow I think those super yellow halogen bulbs appear much yellower than the 3000K HID Conversion Kit, so is the HID kit really worth the investment?
Old 05-19-2012, 06:33 PM
Dominant Buck

Why would you waste your money on that crap? Your best bang for the buck are the new Nimbus 2015 flame throwers. They aren't that much more but provide almost twice as effective in the fog.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
Why would you waste your money on that crap?
Good reply there mousy....

In all honesty, back in the 70's and early 80's I had fog lights on my truck. Don't really need them, they are mostly good for looks and thats about it.
Most people, and I mean around 99% of the people with fog lights don't have them aimed properly, and all they do is blind oncoming drivers.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:15 AM
Dominant Buck

They also attach the plastic covers upside down. Idiots think they're for rock protection when they are meant to absorb the light rays that natural project upward from reflecting off the fog and back on the driver's face.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Best advise I can give is leave the damn things off unless it's foggy. Some fog lights are brighter than your high beams and do a great job of blinding drivers of oncomeing traffic.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:37 AM
Spike

I agree with others here. I don't think you need to spend much in just fog lights. It is not necessary and it is expensive.