Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
ANNOYING POP UP ADS on this site. >

ANNOYING POP UP ADS on this site.

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

ANNOYING POP UP ADS on this site.

Old 03-17-2012, 09:31 AM
Typical Buck

Default ANNOYING POP UP ADS on this site.

What the deal with all these annoying pop up ads on this site? If this keeps up I'm going to delete HuntingNet.
Old 03-17-2012, 10:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's not just this hunting website. I have good security on my computer and I'm getting them on a number of sites the last two weeks and can't figure out why or what to do!
Old 03-17-2012, 11:53 AM
MZS
Typical Buck

Sure it is just this site? I am not seeing anything other than ads on the sidebar or the side of the post. Are you seeing ads that open in new windows covering the forum content?
Old 03-18-2012, 01:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Using these annoying adds is how they are trying to get rid of whats left. Us annoying posters.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

I rarely get them, and I'm on here just about everyday.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:18 AM
MZS
Typical Buck

You have to realize that it takes a lot of time to have a site like this. I highly doubt any of the moderators are even getting paid. I was a moderator on a different forum a few years back and there was no pay. The owners of this site make a few dollars (emphasis on "few") off the ads. I have a few sites (no forums) and generally it takes thousands of visitors a day just to make perhaps $10 or $20 per day. And for a site like this with non-unique (repeat) visitors it probably even takes more visitors than what I mentioned. If the owner was not getting some sort of compensation, then they would probably not even have this forum. And there are hosting costs too so if no money was being made, the owner would have to pay for that out of pocket. Some sites go over the top with pop-under and pop-over ads, but this site does not do that. And some of these ads might even provide some product that could be useful to you. The "other" most popular deer hunting site I visit has even more ads than this one.

You have to be thankful for a forum like this where you can get unbiased opinions from other hunters on products. You won't get that kind of honest information from the company making the product or any so-called "review site" .
Old 03-18-2012, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have to agree with MZS. HNI is a business. A website such as HNI costs money to operate, money that is paid by the users/customers of the website. You can either put up with the ads, pay some sort of fee or go someplace else. Such is the reality of life.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:06 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I'm not getting the pop-ups?

Using these annoying adds is how they are trying to get rid of whats left. Us annoying posters.
Yep--you figured it out--it's a conspiricy.

I highly doubt any of the moderators are even getting paid.
Actually our pay gets doubled every year....but we started with $0.....
Old 03-18-2012, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by LBR View Post

Actually our pay gets doubled every year....but we started with $0.....
So after taxes technically you owe us ?

The Chevy truck pop up at the bottom of the page is about as annoying as it gets...but it does have a little "X" to get rid of it.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:13 PM
Little Doe Peep

Smile

I'm not getting any pop-ups. I get them on the Weather Channel and WILX sites, but not here.

May The Sheep Be With You

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.