Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Joe Pa Dead .... >

Joe Pa Dead ....

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Joe Pa Dead ....

Old 01-22-2012, 08:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Joe Pa Dead ....

Penn. States GREAT coach passed today at the age of 85 and just like Bear Bryant it didnt take long after getting out of coaching ...being a life long Alabama fan I respected Penn. St. and Joe ...we played them in some classic games over the years and it was always hard hitting, smash mouth football but always clean ...I want to say I think Joe got the short end of the stick on this scandle thing even though I think he sholdered some of the responsibility he deserved better ....We will miss Joe Pa ....Gods speed Coach Paterno, when you get to Heaven tell Coach Bryant ROLL TIDE and you might get a front row seat

dd
Old 01-22-2012, 10:06 AM
Typical Buck

He got what he deserved for the scandal. He did not do nearly enough to stop what was brought to his attention. He was made an example of, and deservedly so.

All the good he did, was tarnished by the darkness he chose to ignore. An undeniable fact.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:10 AM
NEK
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Sfury View Post
He got what he deserved for the scandal. He did not do nearly enough to stop what was brought to his attention. He was made an example of, and deservedly so.

All the good he did, was tarnished by the darkness he chose to ignore. An undeniable fact.
Agree 100 percent - I hope he made his peace with God - because most men will not forgive him.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:23 AM
Little Doe Peep

Red face

I don't know very much about football, but I've always has great respect for Coach Paterno. I think he was treated very unfairly given his very small role in the scandal. He did what most of us would do. He informed his superiors about what he had been told. He didn't actually see anything.

His memory and achievements deserve to be appropriately recognized along with those of his peers.

Requiescat in Pace Coach.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:42 AM
Typical Buck

Very well said Sachiko. I agree 110 percent. Could he gave done more? Yes. But he did pass the information on to his superiors. RIP Joe amd God Bless. You will be missed by
many!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-22-2012, 11:09 AM
NEK
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by sachiko View Post
I don't know very much about football, but I've always has great respect for Coach Paterno. I think he was treated very unfairly given his very small role in the scandal. He did what most of us would do. He informed his superiors about what he had been told. He didn't actually see anything.

His memory and achievements deserve to be appropriately recognized along with those of his peers.

Requiescat in Pace Coach.
Joe knew the academic political system as well as anyone and he had to know they would protect their precious football team at all costs. When he saw that they were going to let it slide - it was his responsibility to go to the police and make sure it was followed up on. He was the mans boss for heavens sake!
There was absolutely no unfairness in his treatment.
His sport was more important than the welfare of those children. You people seem to be missing that point! My God - a football program is more important than all those poor damaged children?
You people amaze me!!!
Old 01-22-2012, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by NEK View Post
Joe knew the academic political system as well as anyone and he had to know they would protect their precious football team at all costs. When he saw that they were going to let it slide - it was his responsibility to go to the police and make sure it was followed up on. He was the mans boss for heavens sake!
There was absolutely no unfairness in his treatment.
His sport was more important than the welfare of those children. You people seem to be missing that point! My God - a football program is more important than all those poor damaged children?
You people amaze me!!!

I agree........the man chose to protect the football program over protecting kids.
He also chose to protect himself aswell. I am sure if he had outed everyone in the beginning he would have been fired .

Oh well he is answering for his role/actuions now....
Old 01-22-2012, 11:58 AM
Typical Buck

He was a man that helped many young men, but when he had an opportunity to deal with a predator that made his way into the structure he built, he let it get hidden.

He helped hurt the younger group of men get hurt while he helped others. All he had to do was swallow his pride and talk to the police. The program, and his reputation, would have been preserved.

Would it have taken a hit, sure, but people need to understand that the depraved predators that go after young adults/children are cunning. These criminals are often devious and self serving. They find ways to fulfill their sick fantasies while maintaining a clean image. That's why the fight against that depravity is so hard to go up against.

We cannot condone the people who turn a blind eye to it any more than we can to people that actually commit those crimes.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:09 PM
Typical Buck

its hard to believe that any of you can blame joe pa for what sandusky did. he did not see any of the abuse happen. he was going by what the younger coach told him. would any of you have accused sandusky without proof. law suit waiting to happen. joe told his superiors and they dropped the ball. hope all of the board of directors at PSU get fired and replaced. they deserve it.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:46 PM
Typical Buck

I as a father of 4 am as disgusted over what Sandusky done as anyone could be. He is a sick individual. But in no way do I blame Joe Pa. His superiors are the ones that dropped the ball and NO football is not bigger than protecting our children. I hope Sandusky ROTS IN HELL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.