Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Joe Pa Dead .... >

Joe Pa Dead ....

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Joe Pa Dead ....

Old 01-22-2012, 05:02 PM
Typical Buck

its hard to believe that any of you can blame joe pa for what sandusky did. he did not see any of the abuse happen. he was going by what the younger coach told him. would any of you have accused sandusky without proof. law suit waiting to happen. joe told his superiors and they dropped the ball. hope all of the board of directors at PSU get fired and replaced. they deserve it.
As someone who works in a school, a high school currently, I can honestly say responses like this are disheartening.

If the people above Paterno did nothing, then he, as someone who has spent a lifetime of helping young adults, he SHOULD go the next mile and talk to the police. It's the right thing to do.

What makes him the most guilty in the not reporting was the fact that he supposedly had a career built on helping young adults improve themselves. Had he truly cared about the people around him, he would have not participated (actively or otherwise) in the coverup.

Had he done more to help the kids who were abused, he would have solidified his role as a truly great person who gave a lifetime to helping people through a sports program. Now there are lingering questions about that dedication.

Paterno, and only Paterno, has himself to blame for that. He allowed the abuse to go on for whatever reason, and was fired for that. Was he a scapegoat? Not in this case. There is a lot of guilt to go around, and more heads should roll.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:04 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

...the man chose to protect the football program over protecting kids.
That's the long and short of it, IMO. He did the bare minimum, apparantly to be able to say "I did what I was supposed to do" in case Sandusky got caught. I can't help but think "what if that had been my kid"...would you think he did enough if it had been your child being raped in the shower?

Paterno was the boss--the man in charge--where the buck stopped--PERIOD. No doubt whether an investigation was persued or dropped rested on his decision--the man had untold power on campus and off. I can't imagine how anyone, much less a parent, could make excuses for him because he was a great coach. He could have saved no telling how many kids, if only they had been more important to him than football.

Comparing him in any way, shape, form, or fashion--mentioning his name in the same sentence--as the late, great Bear Bryant is, IMO, a disgrace to the memory of a truly great coach and, as far as I know, a great human being. In my opinion of course.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yup Michael Jackson helped kids to........
Old 01-23-2012, 06:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well some of these remarks just amplify the old saying one "ahhhhhh chit get rid of ALL your atta boys" .......Joe Pa did not commit the act yet he has been treated like he did ...none of know the whole story ...had he heard the complaint and not informed HIS boss then I would say yes he deserved what he got ...but he did go to his boss and report ...was that enough I guess Joe will know sometimes today ...

dd
Old 01-23-2012, 04:03 PM
Fork Horn

He was a great coach and he will be missed, I just hate that he had to go out the way he did at Penn State.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DoctorDeath View Post
Well some of these remarks just amplify the old saying one "ahhhhhh chit get rid of ALL your atta boys" .......Joe Pa did not commit the act yet he has been treated like he did ...none of know the whole story ...had he heard the complaint and not informed HIS boss then I would say yes he deserved what he got ...but he did go to his boss and report ...was that enough I guess Joe will know sometimes today ...

dd
Joe Pa did not commit the act?...You make it sound like it was a a small infraction. Sandusky was responsible for ruining many young lives forever. The absolute worst kind of hurt anyone could commit and coming from a sick SOB who had influence over young boys.

Paterno was aware and never, NEVER made sure it was being followed up with the authorities. Paterno was the Big Man on Campus and could have put a stop to this years ago but he did not.

If it was your kid, would you have hoped he went further to ensure Sandusdy put an end to his abusing young people? Don't let the fact that he was Coach Paterno sway anyone into believing he was not responsible. If he was a janitor he would have been crucified and rightfully so.

Paterno was aware, totally aware and when I heard he was dead, my first thought was may he Rot in Hell!! That thought has not changed.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Jimmy S View Post
Joe Pa did not commit the act?...You make it sound like it was a a small infraction. Sandusky was responsible for ruining many young lives forever. The absolute worst kind of hurt anyone could commit and coming from a sick SOB who had influence over young boys.

Paterno was aware and never, NEVER made sure it was being followed up with the authorities. Paterno was the Big Man on Campus and could have put a stop to this years ago but he did not.

If it was your kid, would you have hoped he went further to ensure Sandusdy put an end to his abusing young people? Don't let the fact that he was Coach Paterno sway anyone into believing he was not responsible. If he was a janitor he would have been crucified and rightfully so.

Paterno was aware, totally aware and when I heard he was dead, my first thought was may he Rot in Hell!! That thought has not changed.
LOL ..spoken like a man who has no idea what if feels like to have a college to pull for that knows anything about football .... Joe may have been guilty of being negligent ...but hes NOT the one who molested those kids ...I suppose if you think he should rot in hell beccause he did not go to the police then you must feel the same way about all the Popes that have covered up all that has gone on in the catholic church ....jus sayin ...

dd
Old 01-25-2012, 03:04 PM
NEK
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by DoctorDeath View Post
LOL ..spoken like a man who has no idea what if feels like to have a college to pull for that knows anything about football .... Joe may have been guilty of being negligent ...but hes NOT the one who molested those kids ...I suppose if you think he should rot in hell beccause he did not go to the police then you must feel the same way about all the Popes that have covered up all that has gone on in the catholic church ....jus sayin ...

dd
Don't know about Jimmy s Doc - but that's exactly how I feel. jus sayin. I have never watched a football game in my life. I put academics way ahead of any sport. I actually thought that that was what college was supposed to be for - Higher learning maybe?
Old 01-25-2012, 03:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by NEK View Post
Don't know about Jimmy s Doc - but that's exactly how I feel. jus sayin. I have never watched a football game in my life. I put academics way ahead of any sport. I actually thought that that was what college was supposed to be for - Higher learning maybe?
Well NEK I suppose you have a point there ole buddy but if it wernt for football the majority of university students whould be those who had rich daddys who couple put them through skool or the ones who could get a sklastic scholorship ...you know us jocks arnt all born with a lot of smarts so we have to rely on other gifts to get us that "higher" learning...I mean I know its hard to imagine but even ole dd aint just real smart ...last week I could not even spell salesman and this week I are one

dd
Old 01-25-2012, 03:45 PM
Typical Buck

When you work in an academic setting, the kids are supposed to be what matters. By kids, I mean not just the kids in your care. Call me jaded, but when I see someone who also works with kids, and doesn't do their absolute best to help the kids, then there is a real issue.

I have seen just the tip of the iceberg of issues. Some of the stories I've heard from the counselors breaks your heart. Those are just the more mild stories they can talk about.

Heck, even the sad things I've seen are enough to shake your faith in humanity at times. Some people need to pull their heads out of their butts and face reality. They need to stop being all about themselves, and focus on family matters.

Some people think turning a blind eye "just in case of innocence" has not worked with people who have done many discreet investigations. There are far more sexual abuse investigations made than we hear about. Most LEOs also want to keep them quiet for many reasons. Mostly for the sake of the victims themselves.

So many things could have been done to end what Sandusky was doing years ago. So many lives were altered by that decision to not act. So much pain could have been avoided.

I'm not so jaded that I think everyone can be helped/saved. Not everyone that is in bad straits even deserves help. My cousin has ruined her own life, and my family will not provide her any more help. You can't help those who won't help themselves.

However, there are some times where I do know that when we have a chance, we need to do our best to help those we can. Maybe I'm an old fashioned christian in that respect.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.