Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Request from Chad Obrien in Afganistan >

Request from Chad Obrien in Afganistan

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Request from Chad Obrien in Afganistan

Old 12-16-2011, 03:03 PM
Typical Buck

Default Request from Chad Obrien in Afganistan

Many of you have sent dogs into the military IDD programs for as IED Detection Dogs in Iraq and Afghanistan. One of your fellow RTF members and trainers, Chad O'brien, is serving over there as a Field Service Rep for the Marine Corps making sure the IDD dogs stay on top of their game. I recently received an email from Chad and wanted to pass his request onto the RTF clan. If you have a moment, please remember these folks during this holiday season. As we are out waterfowling, trianing our dogs and spending times with our families (both human and canine), these young men and women are protecting our freedoms. Please rmember them in your prayers and if you have a minute send a Christmas card to them. You can send it through Chad. If your interested in sending a package to them, the US Post Office has boxes available that you can fill with goodies and ship to them for the low fee of $12.95. Not a bad deal to get it to the "land of sand". Here is Chads request.

A request goes out to all of the people that want to send something for the Marines. Number one request socks, white,brown, gray or pink it doesn't matter. It's getting very cold here. Hot sauce, the hotter and more exotic the better. It breaks of the daily food routine. Wetwipes, ect. If you send it to my address, I will get it flown directly out to the guys that need it the most. We're at 3000 feet, its cold. Also, the basics, underwear, long johns, any size. Some guys go 4 months without getting mail. My address: IDD FSR Chad O'Brien Camp Leatherneck FPO AE 09372. Thanks in advance Chad

I recently spoke with a wounded warrior who also mentioned energy drinks as a great item to send (5 Hour Energy, etc). He said when your out on an 18 hour mission it becomes very tiring and tough to keep your concentrattion.