Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Idiots employeed at Walmart + Dicks sporting goods >

Idiots employeed at Walmart + Dicks sporting goods

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Idiots employeed at Walmart + Dicks sporting goods

Old 06-30-2012, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Frequent the local establishments!
It might cost a few mors dollars but it's as local as it gets with way better advise!!!
Old 07-01-2012, 02:09 PM
Typical Buck

Local or big store. It depends on who is working that determines the knowledge level of the establishment.

Local stores generally tend to pay more to retain knowledgeable people.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:30 PM
Dominant Buck

Wow, LBR. You laid it out there about as clear as anyone could. Something's are just too complicated for those who have never been in business before.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Typical Buck

Aside from the fact that I have been in business for myself. It doesn't take a genius to run a business, it takes someone willing to put in the hours and to do the menial tasks.

I was raised by people that owned their own businesses until they retired and sold out. My brother and I were taught how to succeed by people that were successful.

We were told not make the same choices because of the costs involved in being self employed. My parents have regrets, not professional ones, but familial ones. They encouraged their kids to walk a different path. Which we did.

I have no regrets about being an employee. I enjoy having a steady income. I enjoy being able to just do my job.

I don't need to worry about rounding up replacement personnel when someone is sick, or just skips coming in to work. I don't need to worry about duty rosters, rent/mortgage payments, placing product orders, receiving the shipments. Nor do I need to worry about maintaining the equipment to do any product preparation. Don't have to worry about the equipment used to handle the daily transactions either. Paying employees, nope, don't need to do that either.

Nope, I know nothing about running a business. Aside from having been a shift manager before, and doing most of the work it takes to run a business successfully. I have no knowledge at all about running a business. None.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:23 PM
Dominant Buck

I was raised by people that owned their own businesses until they retired and sold out.
How many months after Walmart moved in next door did they shut down the business?
Old 07-03-2012, 04:03 AM
Typical Buck

None. Retail stores had no impact on their businesses. They provided services and cut out people like you. Sales people drive up costs unnecessarilly.

Then again, my Mother is a retired accountant. They just order office supplies from a major distributor that they, like my current employer, bid out to get the best deal.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:28 AM
Dominant Buck

How can that be? I thought Walmart caused every business closing.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:48 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

So, again...no actual experience with what I do, but you felt qualified to tell me I don't know what I'm doing, even though I've managed to keep things going for nearly two decades. You can't answer a direct question, can't point out anything I've said that was wrong, accuse me of doing something I didn't do and don't even have the fortitude to own up to it....allrightythen. It all makes sense now.

Makes me think of a Rodney Dangerfield movie..."Back to School", I think it was called? When R.D. is in class, the "professor" is telling him everything he's doing wrong (as a millionaire/billionaire construction mogul)...too funny--art imitates life, or is it vice-versa?
Old 07-03-2012, 11:50 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Hey--I've never owned a shotgun, never been around a shotgun much, but my parents owned a rifle. Therefore I feel I am distinctly qualified to tell you, the owner and operator of a shotgun for the past 20 years or so, everything you are doing wrong and everything you don't know about shooting a shotgun.

Makes sense, right?
Old 07-03-2012, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ron

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.