Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Things women can't operate! >

Things women can't operate!

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Old 07-10-2011, 06:48 AM
Little Doe Peep

Smile

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
Must be the modern ways...my daughter punishes her little boy the same way. I am a spankin type guy and she isn't and she seems to know what she is doing so I just shut my mouth and watch the progress. He was bad last night and she asked him if he wanted a time out and he said yes. So she said go to your room and he did, closed the door and sat there for about 2 minutes then started to cry. She went in asked him if he was ready to be good and he said he was and they both came out happy.
I don't do timeouts and I don't believe in spanking until they're six-years old. I don't think they understand spanking until then.

I do cuddle them when they obey me so they know that I'm pleased when they do. Like my husband says, I control them by moving them to another situation when they need correction. Some things are easy to avoid. I see kids making a fuss in the checkout lane because they stack all the candy and gum there to tempt people, and children. Our girls don't know what candy is so they're not tempted.

Honorable Husband does things the same way I do, by the way. When I show him respect, they pick up on it and they show me respect by extension. We are their prime source of affection and their absolute authority figures. When we say yes it's yes and when we say no it's no.

May The Sheep Be With You
Old 07-11-2011, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Restraint when using the credit card.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:28 AM
Little Doe Peep

Smile

I think this thread was started with an honest attempt to create some controversy. Unfortunately, it seems as though there is only one female in this forum, so very few responses are possible.

As far as backing a trailer, I've never done it, but I've observed the technique and I believe I could catch on pretty quickly.

As far as spending, some people have a problem with that, both male and female. How many dresses or shoes does a woman need? How many bows does a man need?

You'll generally get different reactions from feminists on certain topics than you'll get from female type females. So you have to be careful if you want to avoid threats to your manhood.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:46 PM
Dominant Buck

As far as backing a trailer, I've never done it, but I've observed the technique and I believe I could catch on pretty quickly.
that statement right there is worth taking odds on a bet. I say you would end up with a nice dent in the corner panel like the one my wife put on the Expedition pic I posted. If not, you wouldn't complete it in the allotted time.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:30 PM
Little Doe Peep

Smile

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
that statement right there is worth taking odds on a bet. I say you would end up with a nice dent in the corner panel like the one my wife put on the Expedition pic I posted. If not, you wouldn't complete it in the allotted time.

Don't be too sure. Daddy has showed me how to start with the trailer set at the right angle. He said he would let me do it just for practice as soon as it gets a little cooler. (We have a boat on a trailer.)

I'll let you know.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:17 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner View Post
everything except, dishwasher, stove, washing machine, and they're piehole
(talking about my mrs, your mileage may vary)
RR
the ONLY thing my wife operates well is my credit card!
Old 07-23-2011, 11:22 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by sachiko View Post
I don't do timeouts , I control them by moving them to another situation when they need correction.
i learned the same thing with horses. sadly, a child and a horse have about the same attention span.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:25 PM
Dominant Buck

Bottle rockets. I can remember us and the kids lighting bottle rockets off of the deck by just holding them on the bottom and letting them go. She said, let me try that. She held it firmly until it exploded.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:47 PM
Fork Horn

Haha, some of the things on this thread are sort of true..and some are just silly. If she's still making you turn on her TV shows, she doesn't WANT to learn lol. I bet if you weren't there to do it for her, she would learn real fast However..I totally agree with the "giving directions" one. I am absolutely awful at that. I'm lucky if I can tell which way is east and which is west.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:26 AM
Little Doe Peep

Smile

On backing trailers;

It was too hot yesterday to take the boat out, but I did get a chance to test my trailer parking ability.

Honorable husband had me pull the trailer around the block and back it in again. He had already explained to me how it's done and demonstrated so I was okay.

I did it like he has showed me, set the angle, backed up and followed the trailer into the driveway. I had to pull up and make a couple of little corrections when I saw in the mirror that the trailer wheels were going off the (imaginary) line I had set. If you get the wrong angle when you start, it's easier to go around and set it again than to try and correct it.

The really tough part is getting the hitch ball under the trailer hitch because you can't see it. That involves moving it a little bit at a time and getting out to check where it is. Once you get it close, you can move the trailer hitch back and forth to match. It helps if you have a spotter behind the truck.