Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Bass Pro the Next Walmart??? >

Bass Pro the Next Walmart???

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Bass Pro the Next Walmart???

Old 05-15-2011, 05:05 PM
Spike

Default Bass Pro the Next Walmart???

I hear Bass Pro is trying to become the next Walmart... Pushing their previous "partners/suppliers" into becoming slaves to them. Telling current suppliers that if you don't do it "our way on our terms" "well put you out of business". These vendors from what I know are fellow hunters and fishermen that have developed a product and are trying to share it and make it. I don't have an ownership or interest in any company; just passing on what i've heard and want to hear what, or, if others have heard similar. Thanks.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

welcome to corporate america... almost all big box stores do this.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Welcome to the real world of business!!!!

Nearly all manufacturers have tier pricing in place to their retail outlets. The more you can afford to buy the less money you can buy those products for and the better terms you get.

Keep in mind that you can make a hefty profit on volume sales. So you sell your product for a little less in order to get into a "big box" store like Bass Pro and in return that store buys 100 times what a small store will buy.

Would you rather make 30% on a few hundred sales to multiple small stores or 25% or thousands of sales at a single store????? I'll take the thousands of sales to the single large store thank you very much.

FYI, there are enough retail stores out there so that a person trying to make it doesn't have to "sell their souls" in order to make it.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have felt bass Pro has been going down hill for awhile.
Cabelas beats them hands down
Old 05-16-2011, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Seems like BPS and Cabelas aren't what they used to be. I really don't shop there much any more.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by JoshKeller View Post
welcome to corporate america... almost all big box stores do this.
And all those "little stores" could become "big box stores" if they just had a better business plan from the beginning...Survival of the fittest.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Corp America...
The Big 3 did the same thing to their suppliers...
They called it - give us a 10% rebate this year (end of the year decision after everyone spent their money) and we will consider adding you to our shrinking vendor list. (If your lucky)

Screw you very much!!!
Wonder why Toyota has taken away such a big bite from Detroit???
Old 05-19-2011, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pretty amazing for a business that started off in a garage. They probably over extended themselves with all the stores they've put up.

One of the better sporting goods stores I've visited was the Scheel's in Rapid City, SD.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by JoeA View Post

One of the better sporting goods stores I've visited was the Scheel's in Rapid City, SD.
There's a Scheel's in Reno, pretty awesome store! I still like Sportsmans Warehouse best tho...
Old 05-19-2011, 07:14 PM
Dominant Buck

Do you really care? I buy from bps, cabelas, Gander, eBay, craigslist, amazon, Walmart and a few others. I'm shopping for the best price for what I want/need at the time I'm buying. I do this for everything I buy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.