Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
sporting events and the National Anthem >

sporting events and the National Anthem

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

sporting events and the National Anthem

Old 02-06-2011, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default sporting events and the National Anthem

I am sick of "artistic interpretations" of our National Anthem at the beginning of sporting events. If you are hired to perform the National Anthem at a sporting event, know the words, sing the song, sing it right or don't do the gig!

I felt bad for the service people who had to listen to that disgraceful performance.

/rant off
Old 02-06-2011, 07:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Not only was her singing poor, but she forgot part of the words. I think a halftime of Big Joe Polka would have been better.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:43 PM
Banned

my advice for Christina and the Glee girl is to sing like a white girl and not a sista. I had to walk out of the room when these 2 choked hens were "singing"

As for Fergie, Shes lucky she wore that skirt with the boots because i barely heard her singing like the transvestite she looks like from the neck up

I'd love to be the one to fire the piece of crap that hired the black eyed peas to due the half time show.

Heres an idea for the next super bowl, have a life recording of American Idol being taped during the half time show, at least then there'd be an excuse for crap singing and performing.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

you need to watch the guy who sang prior to the bears games....he does the hawks games...

think its of the style you're wanting...
Old 02-07-2011, 01:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by RobertSubnet View Post
I am sick of "artistic interpretations" of our National Anthem at the beginning of sporting events. If you are hired to perform the National Anthem at a sporting event, know the words, sing the song, sing it right or don't do the gig!

I felt bad for the service people who had to listen to that disgraceful performance.

/rant off
I agree 100%.Thought it was nice to have a CMH hero there.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by RobertSubnet View Post

/rant off
I felt bad for any American having to listen to that. The largest viewing audience in the history of TV and that's the best we could get. What a shame!
Old 02-09-2011, 03:52 AM
Typical Buck

Well, with over-commercialization of the SuperBowl, what can you expect? I can't recall one half-time show that I thought was outstanding. In fact, most are just downright awful. If nothing else, the acoustics makes people sound bad as they perform.

The people singing the National Anthem are trying to sell themselves and sing the anthem at the same time. It just doesn't sound right to me.

In fact, most halt-time shows are passable at best. It's why I hate certain aspects of the SuperBowl. I watch it for the game, and not for the rest. At least I can enjoy the commercials if they are done well.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:45 AM
Fork Horn

Default Texas Tech Feb. 9th

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDU8jR06hmA

The way it is supposed to be sang or is it sung?.....lol
Old 02-12-2011, 08:58 PM
Banned

rolling stones were pretty good. Sure they looked like they had one foot in the grave and the other on banana peel, but hey, they sang and performed good.