Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Da super bowl

Old 02-01-2011, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, If the hospital upset ya you'll really hate this.
WAYNESBURG (KDKA) — One local county is taking a dramatic step to prove its loyalty to the Steelers.
The Greene County Commissioners say they’ll introduce a resolution at Wednesday’s meeting to change the county’s name temporarily to “Black & Gold County.”
“The Greene County Board of Commissioners declares that on Super Bowl Sunday, Feb. 6, 2011, Greene County will be referred to as ‘Black and Gold County,’” Pam Snyder, chairperson, said.

The change will be in effect for one day only – Super Bowl Sunday.
Waynesburg is planning a celebration – a rally on the courthouse steps on Friday. Officials plan to raffle off jerseys to raise money for the Humane Society of Greene County.
Greene County was named for Revolutionary war hero Nathaniel Greene.

Print Share 6

6 Comments

GreenAndYellow
Old 02-01-2011, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

SFURY,All kiddin aside,You really need to lighten up.It's all about a game and havin fun.If anybody would really be offended over somethin so silly,They have bigger problems than who's in the Super Bowl.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:33 PM
Typical Buck

I think the re-naming thing is silly. I've had to shake my head with the same thing happening here on a smaller scale.

They re-name streets in honor of the Green Bay Packers all the time. I will admit the county name change is a new one. I care more about the silly bets made where people have to wear this or that. That makes me laugh a lot.

I don't take things as seriously as I make it sound. I'm a conservative person working in the liberal school system. It's an interesting bunch to work with.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Sfury View Post
I think the re-naming thing is silly. I've had to shake my head with the same thing happening here on a smaller scale.

They re-name streets in honor of the Green Bay Packers all the time. I will admit the county name change is a new one. I care more about the silly bets made where people have to wear this or that. That makes me laugh a lot.

I don't take things as seriously as I make it sound. I'm a conservative person working in the liberal school system. It's an interesting bunch to work with.
SFURY,When it comes to important matters,I agree with you 100%.People have the right to make their own choices,But this kind of silly stuff doesn't hurt anyone and it has to be taken as it was meant,All in fun.However if ya noticed the county thing is gonna raise money for charity.So that's a good thing.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jalvja View Post
Well,I know you're no expert.You only know what the so called experts, Shannon and Boomer,tell you.Where's Brady and Manning? But if you didn't go through life with blinders on you would know the Steelers were not picked in the pre season or in the playoffs.Besides,Even if the Steelers lose least the 2 media darlins didn't make it.Hey what ever happened to you'd never reply to one of my posts,
Let's cut to the chase. Your team WAS picked in the playoffs. Yes, NE was the favorite but as soon as they lost to the Jets, the Steelers were the favorite to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl. Pittsburgh was the #2 seed and hosted the Jets. Your Steelers were not underdogs to the Jets. Like I already said, they were also favorites over the Ravens. So yes, the Steelers were the pick in the playoffs. So, please give that argument a rest.

You also said: Even if the Steelers lose least the 2 media darlins didn't make it".
No true Steeler fan would give a rat's azz about any other team if their team loses the Super Bowl. There is no consolation, none!
But if the Steelers lose and it makes you feel better about Brady and Manning, tell me how many Steeler fans agree with you.

At least those two media darlings; Brady and Manning would not have to worry about answering questions during Super Bowl week about their character.
Why was it again that Big Ben was suspended for the first 4 games of the season? Was this his 1st time involved for the same reason? Why was he suspended for 4 games, a full 25% of the entire season, for something he was never convicted for.
You are correct, I am not an expert. But what I do know is that Roethlisberger is a punk.

I honeltly belivee that Packers will win this year's Super Bowl. Not because I dislike the Steelers or Roethlisberger but because I believe the Packers are the better team.

Last edited by Jimmy S; 02-02-2011 at 09:50 AM.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Jimmy S View Post
Let's cut to the chase. Your team WAS picked in the playoffs. Yes, NE was the favorite but as soon as they lost to the Jets, the Steelers were the favorite to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl. Pittsburgh was the #2 seed and hosted the Jets. Your Steelers were not underdogs to the Jets. Like I already said, they were also favorites over the Ravens. So yes, the Steelers were the pick in the playoffs. So, please give that argument a rest.

You also said: Even if the Steelers lose least the 2 media darlins didn't make it".
No true Steeler fan would give a rat's azz about any other team if their team loses the Super Bowl. There is no consolation, none!
But if the Steelers lose and it makes you feel better about Brady and Manning, tell me how many Steeler fans agree with you.

At least those two media darlings; Brady and Manning would not have to worry about answering questions during Super Bowl week about their character.
Why was it again that Big Ben was suspended for the first 4 games of the season? Was this his 1st time involved for the same reason? Why was he suspended for 4 games, a full 25% of the entire season, for something he was never convicted for.
You are correct, I am not an expert. But what I do know is that Roethlisberger is a punk.

I honeltly belivee that Packers will win this year's Super Bowl. Not because I dislike the Steelers or Roethlisberger but because I believe the Packers are the better team.
The Steeler were not picked in the preseason to make the playoffs.As for character.Ben is innocent till proven guilty. the mighty Patriots got caught CHEATING.They shoulda been stripped of the bowls they won. and that jagoff of a coach banned for life.How many Super Bowls have they won now that they don't know the other teams plays?0 that's how many.The reason I wouldn't be real upset losin to the Packers is they are a team that is respected.Besides the Steelers already have more Super Bowl wins than any other team.You keep provin that your knowledge of the game is limited to what they analysts tell you.Admit it, It really bugs you Ben might end up with as many Rings as that crybaby Brady.You once said you'd never reply to one of my posts again.Why not be a man of your word.Oops that's right.You're a Patsies fan.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:56 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Whackadeer View Post
Packers. Did it without Favre, imagine that.
cause aron rodgers is better.lol farve had his days