Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

I phone apps

Old 06-26-2010, 10:55 AM
Spike

Default I phone apps

I just got a I phone and found a few hunting apps I was wondering what apps all u other iPhone users have
Old 06-26-2010, 11:23 AM
Spike

i have the ballistics FTE , AnimalTracks, Primos STL , Predator Calls and Trees. my fave is definatly the ballistics app, and the AnimalTracks is real handy also
Old 06-26-2010, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

WTH's an APP????? I dont even own a cellphone.

Last edited by DeerandbearhoG; 06-26-2010 at 05:48 PM. Reason: letter F self edit
Old 06-27-2010, 12:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

WTH's an APP????? I dont even own a cellphone.
Assuming that is a serious question...

An "app" is short for application. An "application" is another, more modern, term for computer program.

In the last few years cell phones have grown in their ability to do things. They no longer just make phone calls. Modern cell phones like the iPhone are called "Smart Phones" because they are pretty much hand held miniature computers. Miniature computers that along with making phone calls, they can also run programs or "apps."

Due to the tremendous popularity of the iPhone, there has been a huge movement to write (create) applications to run on these phones.

Apple has been coming up with some really innovative stuff lately!
Old 06-27-2010, 04:02 AM
Spike

also check out the kinetic energy calculator
Old 06-27-2010, 04:18 AM
Little Doe Peep

Cool

The stupid phones aren't smart enough though, to tell you to quit using it, especially texting, while driving.

May The Sheep Be With You
Old 06-27-2010, 05:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by RobertSubnet View Post
Assuming that is a serious question...

An "app" is short for application. An "application" is another, more modern, term for computer program.

In the last few years cell phones have grown in their ability to do things. They no longer just make phone calls. Modern cell phones like the iPhone are called "Smart Phones" because they are pretty much hand held miniature computers. Miniature computers that along with making phone calls, they can also run programs or "apps."

Due to the tremendous popularity of the iPhone, there has been a huge movement to write (create) applications to run on these phones.

Apple has been coming up with some really innovative stuff lately!
Thanks for the description. I kinda figured app meant application, but what I dont understand is, if all these BBs and SPs have the internet on em, why do you need an "app"???? Cant you just go on a ballistic cal., or youtube, or whatever, on the web? No offense, but these mobil devices get on my nerves sometimes, people store their whole lives on em. My customers use to bring me ideas printed or drawn on actually paper , now they just hand me these stupid little 2" screens doesnt anybody use a hard copy of their images, photos, or music anymore? sorry, end of rant.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have a bunch of game apps (restaurants, airports, etc) and some travel apps.

mapquest
GPSlite
AroundMe
HopStop
Metro
UrbanSpoon
Here I Am
NYC kicklite
eBay
bing
Pandora
Shazam
AOL radio
CardStar
Old 06-27-2010, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Maine Shooter View Post
Have a bunch of game apps (restaurants, airports, etc) and some travel apps.

mapquest
GPSlite
AroundMe
HopStop
Metro
UrbanSpoon
Here I Am
NYC kicklite
eBay
bing
Pandora
Shazam
AOL radio
CardStar
No KISS app??????
Old 06-27-2010, 11:51 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG View Post
Thanks for the description. I kinda figured app meant application, but what I dont understand is, if all these BBs and SPs have the internet on em, why do you need an "app"???? Cant you just go on a ballistic cal., or youtube, or whatever, on the web? No offense, but these mobil devices get on my nerves sometimes, people store their whole lives on em. My customers use to bring me ideas printed or drawn on actually paper , now they just hand me these stupid little 2" screens doesnt anybody use a hard copy of their images, photos, or music anymore? sorry, end of rant.
i could just get on my computer, but its nice to have my ballistics calc sitting on my bench in the middle of a field far from a power source, or if im just walking in the woods and see something i can pull out the cell phone and call it in closer, just fun to play with

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.