Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Simply Amazing

Old 05-09-2005, 06:43 AM

Default Simply Amazing

After telling us that the herd has been increasing for the past 5 years the PGC now tells us the new computer model was so flawed they are abandoning it after just two years and are going back to the old method of computing populations based on harvests.
Quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Limitations uncovered in the model used from 2002-04 preclude the agency from continuing its use. The agency is now using hunter success to monitor trends in Wildlife Management Unit (WMU) deer populations.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dr. R. also stated that the 2005 anterless allocations were on the conserative side. Howver, I don't see how they could be considered to be conservative when they admit they don't know how many deer we have . Furthermore , in 2001 ,when we had more OWD than we do now, the anterless allocation was only 780K and we harvested 283 K anterless, only 1K less than in 2004 with 1 M anterless tags..
Old 05-09-2005, 06:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Simply Amazing

We need more educated leaders that dont hunt much to run the PGC.I would bet most on this board could do a better job using their time spent in the field and common sense which the PGC lacks. It does not take much education to spend time in the woods and count deer and determine how much food source should be supplied for the deer.Most them educated dummies hunt on private land and preserves if they hunt at All. I would love to see them hunting on Gamelands and peak at their report cards.wonder how many even buy a license???
Old 05-09-2005, 07:09 AM

Not getting enough attention on HuntingPA??

Same topic, same dead horse, different discussion board
Old 05-09-2005, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I truly think that some people cut and paste old posts and start new threads with the old posts.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:31 AM

I think I'll start cutting/pasting the replies he got from HuntingPA. What's good for the goose........
Old 05-09-2005, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like an exact quote from PA forum.Its going nowhere there and certainly has been discussed many many times here. Its a dead horse issue that is headed nowhere with the exception of starting more flame wars and insults.

This is 2005 and the allocations have been set.