Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Need deer processor nr. Armstrong Co., PA >

Need deer processor nr. Armstrong Co., PA

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Need deer processor nr. Armstrong Co., PA

Old 04-21-2005, 12:30 PM

Default Need deer processor nr. Armstrong Co., PA

Does anyone know where I can get deer processed in or close to Armstrong County? We have red tags but didn't want to harvest any deer until we knew where to take them. Our usual processor isn't doing deer this time of year,
Thanks in advance......
Old 04-21-2005, 01:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Need deer processor nr. Armstrong Co., PA

Jen,
Not sure if they are taking deer now but I hear there are 2 on 228 East near Freeport...... If you are close i can probably get the names.

(If you need some help filling those tags let me know....LOL)
Old 04-21-2005, 05:07 PM

PA-BOW-HUNTER - thanks for the info. Now that you mention Rt. 228 I do remember their name (Bogacz) - bought beef sticks from them before. I will call them... Just in case, could you PM the other processor? Also, if the red tag farm owner has any tags left I will let you know. He did when we got ours. I will have to talk to him and see if he wants any other hunters - I'm pretty sure he does. So you may be in luck!

Anyone else have any suggestions?
Old 04-24-2005, 04:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

K & C Meats 3 miles north of Leechburg on Rt 66. Makes great jerky and several kinds of deer sticks. Also makes outstanding deer kielbassa. Not cheap but reasonable.
See Ken, tell him Bob T sent ya!
Old 04-24-2005, 05:38 AM

Thanks BTBowhunter..... I will them on Monday.
I called the one on Rt. 228 and they are not processing deer this time of year either.
The reason I got from our local processor is that the hair is too much trouble this time of year. If they are processing cattle then it is too hard to clean up the deer in-between and they don't want to 'spoil' the beef.

Good grief! I think it is time to buy the equipment and learn to do it ourselves....
Old 04-24-2005, 09:22 AM
Typical Buck

PAhunterJEN...we process our own deer, and from start to end it takes about 3 hours...

If your going to get into it, you will need all the knives and ETC, but I would also suggest a FoodSaver or a Vacuum of the sort...worth every penny!

Also, It is in my opinion that the venison itself tastes better when you DIY.
Old 04-24-2005, 01:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

PaHunterJEN,

I'm pretty sure they are closed on Mondays. Call em Tuesday 724-845-8400
Old 04-25-2005, 06:30 AM
Fork Horn

Jen,
Bogacz is the one I was thinking of and the other on 228 I've been told has closed down. Not sure why.....

Another option, but it might be pretty far, is Brittners Smokehouse is in Zelienople. I think they process deer year round but you would have to skin and probably quarter the deer. They do not take the full deer anymore, even during hunting season.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:08 AM

Well, to skin and quarter it we might as well cut it up ourselves too! Since neither of us have the experience it would be best right now to find a processor willing to do the works. Now we will also start looking for the equipment to process on our own. I have an uncle who does his own, and my one brother does his sometimes too. I can ask them for help in showing us how to cut it up.

PA BOW HUNTER - haven't talked to the property owner yet... prob. will tonight as he works all day... we'll see if we can get the tag for you or at least pass his phone number on to ya.....

Thanks guys....
Old 05-03-2005, 09:26 PM

PA BOW HUNTER - talked with the red tag owner and he said for you to contact the PGC and ask for info. His farm is listed in Armstrong Co, Cowanshannock Twp... He didn't want me to give his phone number over the internet :-( I can understand that. By the way, I did get hold of the processor near Leechburg. He'll do it but I have to make sure he is there first. Now all I have to so is go get a deer....

Quick Reply: Need deer processor nr. Armstrong Co., PA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.