Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 ny proposal update! >

ny proposal update!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

ny proposal update!

Old 04-07-2005, 03:48 AM
Fork Horn

Default ny proposal update!

[link]http://www.dec.state.ny.us/website/press/pressrel/2005/200526.html[/link]
Old 04-07-2005, 04:30 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: ny proposal update!

Congratulations NY, we finally did it
Old 04-07-2005, 05:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thank God.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:55 AM

It sounds good to me.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

any. left over tags
i hope the optima will be getting some shooting
Old 04-07-2005, 01:44 PM
Typical Buck

Well let's give the DEC their dues,seems like they listened to our input after all!
Old 04-07-2005, 01:55 PM

Agreed - DEC really did well to solicit input and keep hunters informed. If you check out the PA sites, they're not feeling as included.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not all that happy with it. After all the different proposals, public meetings basically all they came up with for extended opportunities was the Sat. reg season opener, and 2 days extended MZ opportunity in late season! You've always been allowed to use your left over special season tags, and reg. season tag in the late season. What happen to more bowhunting opportunites like the 1st Sat. of Oct. being 10/1 in 05'! Now with the 1st Sat. after the 2nd Mon. That means only 1 extra wknd of archery when 10/1 falls on the 1st Sun. or Mon. of the month. So all this does is make up for the added wknd archers got when the Mon. Reg. opener fell on the Thanksgiving wk. in the past. So there's 0 added early season archery days. I wasn't for the doe permit only mz season in the middle of archery like many weren't. But I wasn't against extended mz season either the first wk of Oct. or longer late season. I'm just kinda disappointed this is all they could come up with. The archers are loosing a full wknd of bowhunting during the rut now. But I'm also glad it'll give the chance to get our youth in the woods on that reg. season opener. I'll have my son w/ me that day, and look forward to it. Maybe they are just scratching the surface for now, and will look deeper into this for 2006. I certainly hope so.
Old 04-08-2005, 08:06 AM

What happen to more bowhunting opportunites like the 1st Sat. of Oct. being 10/1 in 05'! Now with the 1st Sat. after the 2nd Mon. That means only 1 extra wknd of archery when 10/1 falls on the 1st Sun. or Mon. of the month. So all this does is
What happen to more bowhunting opportunites like the 1st Sat. of Oct. being 10/1 in 05'! Now with the 1st Sat. after the 2nd Mon. That means only 1 extra wknd of archery when 10/1 falls on the 1st Sun. or Mon. of the month. So all this does is

This helps westchester county bowhunters though because the season used to o pen up november 1. Know we get almost three months of bowhunting.
Old 04-08-2005, 08:09 AM

I alos think that the point restriction in ulster county was good idea. Its going to give those guys a chance to see bigger bucks. I wouldn't mind it if the county (Stueben) where I gun hunt did that either.

Quick Reply: ny proposal update!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.