Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Engagement buck 2000 >

Engagement buck 2000

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Engagement buck 2000

Old 03-28-2005, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Engagement buck 2000

Here is a deer story I just wanted to share from 2000. I purchased an engagement ring prior to our archery season. On October 13, 2000 that special hunt finally happend. I was sitting in my treestand for about 2 hours without any deer sightings. I decided I would try to make something happen. I started a grunting series. Everytime I would grunt a deer would grunt back. It wasn't long here came a little spike. I left him pass by and he entered my clover field, 5 minutes later I grunted again. Guess what another deer grunted back. It wasn't to long a 7 point was standing right under my tree. I thought my plan was finally gonna happen. That was until I missed him at a whole 3 yards from the tree I was in. And the buck ran away I was sitting there all rejected. I sat there thinking about the shot I planned for all season finally came. And I blew it! I thought what the heck I just grunted two buck in I might as well go for the hat trick. Sure thing I blew on the grunt another deer answered. At this point I was thinking there has to be another hunter down from me. I thought there was no chance of grunting 3 buck in one night. (remember I am in PA) Guess what here came a nice 8 point walking the same trail as the 7 point did. It came right under me. It was smelling the arrow from the deer I just missed. I had plenty of thoughts racing through my head. But I settled down and made a perfect shot. I went home to my girlfriend at the time and told her i would need help tracking that night. Of course she agreed to help. We went back to where I hit the deer and started tracking. I saw the deer was laying dead out in front of us about 75 yards. Now the fun begins I need to get to that deer before she sees it and without her knowing that I see it. Well I managed to accomplish that. I slipped a diamond ring on the brow tine. I yelled Holly over here I found the buck. She came over and was looking over the rack when she saw that special prize. An engagement ring! I asked the big question and she said yes. I knew at that moment she's a keeper. How many women would except a proposal like that? This spring will be our 4 year wedding anniversary. The funny thing is she will be filming my turkey hunt in Kansas on it. She sure didn't change! Holly if you read this thanks for the 4 great years and your understanding of my hunting addiction. I love you Holly!
Adam

Old 03-28-2005, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Engagement buck 2000

totally cool.

gotta love it!

-moose
Old 03-28-2005, 06:57 PM

ORIGINAL: moose1915

totally cool.

gotta love it!

-moose

yup congrates hope you live happily and long
Old 03-28-2005, 07:12 PM

Does she have a sister?
Old 03-28-2005, 08:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

she's a keeper alright! Neat story!
Old 03-29-2005, 06:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Cool story.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love It!
Old 03-29-2005, 02:19 PM
Typical Buck

Bull, That's a great story! It sure beats my 1966 laundromat story.