Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 want to see public ground buck pics. >

want to see public ground buck pics.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

want to see public ground buck pics.

Old 03-26-2005, 07:35 AM
Typical Buck

Default want to see public ground buck pics.

I always see pics of private ground big bucks, and they are awesome. but im curious to see some public ground big boys. so if you have any pics of any please post them here. i have a few but i have no way of posting pics from my computer yet.
Old 03-26-2005, 08:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: want to see public ground buck pics.

Here's one from my deer cam.The dates wrong because the battery died & I didn't reset it.
Oh yea I lied too this is in my back yard.
Old 03-26-2005, 09:40 AM

I'd like to see some too, and not from private land open to public hunting. Show me an 8 ptr or better taken from an sgl or state forest east of Harrisburg, in gun season, this past hunting year.
Old 03-26-2005, 11:20 AM

Jersey wma

Old 03-26-2005, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck.
Old 03-26-2005, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

PA Gobbler
I hunt a little bit on public land but I dont put my cameras there. Because you always have that bad apple in the bunch who will steal your camera. [:@] I am sure I am not the only one that will say that.
Old 03-26-2005, 03:58 PM
Typical Buck

bullmoose- i dont blame you for not putting out your camera. we as hunters and good people cant leave anything out on public land w/o those bad apples out there who only care about themselves.. but i was thinking about seeing some pics. of some deer that were shot on public land also. so if you got any of them that will work..
Old 03-26-2005, 05:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

I won't even put my camera out on private land. About the bravest I'll get is the small woodlot behind my house.
Old 03-27-2005, 06:07 AM
Fork Horn

I never took pics but I have seen some slammer bucks taken off SGL36 in Bradford county the past 2 years.

One cabin had 11 buck taken and the smallest was a 6!! they had an 11pt a 10pt and a 9 and 2 -8's that were smashers!!!

Since AR i have seen a pile of em....no BS either!!
Old 03-27-2005, 07:13 AM
Typical Buck

Ive seen some nice bucks also on public ground. i know in my area on public land the deer numbers are down. but 30 min. away on some private land my buddy hunts there are too many deer.. on the first day of rifle i saw one deer and 9 hunters. and i hunt 2 1/2 miles from the truck. now my buddy saw 130ish deer. he ended up shooting a nice 3 1/2 yr old 8pt. that was ear tagged by the PGC. but back to where i hunt i saw 2 dandy bucks preseason, but w/ so many people hunting 2 bucks its hard.
but i know the bucks are out there and i was wondering how many have shot many on public land here on this post. its not looking too good.
ilbback- i know AR works ive seen it, i just hope we as hunters can fix the HR problem, if people would do what i did shoot doe on private land where the deer numbers are high and not slaughter them on public the herd would be better off.. but i understand that its hard to get on private land this was the first year i was able to do so, but i asked 10 different land owners. and 3 gave me the okay to hunt doe. well thats my 2 cents.
happy easter everyone and i still want to see some public land big bucks, so post up if you have any.

Quick Reply: want to see public ground buck pics.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.