Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

qdm 2004 pics

Old 03-25-2005, 10:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: qdm 2004 pics

I don't know where you guys are huntin or what exactly your doing with respect to your QDM practice but obviously its working. Congrats on your deer. I'm a firm believer in QDM of which we practice on our lease. I also belong to the local Delaware chapter of QDM and have attended 3 meetings in past 3 yrs where various regional and national QDM experts have spoken. Very good medicine IMO.
Old 03-26-2005, 02:35 AM

Nice pics keep up the QDM work. The seed is planted there will be two kinds of deer hunters the ones who practice QDM and those who wish they would. When it comes to work most people watch.

Till our trails cross,

Ryan
Old 03-26-2005, 05:06 AM

Bullmoose38,

Those are some awesome pics.
You are showing QDM works to make some nice bucks.
Now how about some pics. of how you have managed the rest or the deer herd on your piece on land to finish proving your theories.

Let me state I'm not totally against QDM but think it should be
left up to each hunter not a law.
Old 03-26-2005, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: fastfire

Bullmoose38,

Those are some awesome pics.
You are showing QDM works to make some nice bucks.
Now how about some pics. of how you have managed the rest or the deer herd on your piece on land to finish proving your theories.

Let me state I'm not totally against QDM but think it should be
left up to each hunter not a law.
I think I did a few posts back but here they are again.
1 Let the small bucks go.
2 Do not harvest any button bucks.
3 Shoot adult doe only.

We have a real healthy herd. My buddy took a doe in our early muzzleloader season last year that was 180 lbs. The the thing of it is it was only 2.5 years old.
Old 03-26-2005, 08:47 AM

My neighbors have over 1K acres designated to QDM for the last 5 to 6 years and I never seen any bucks like the one posted. From the pictures, look like there is some heavy brush in the background. Most of the land posted to QDM in my area is field and open hardwoods. Is it possible you need the correct type of landscape to "hold" the big boys.
Old 03-26-2005, 09:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Great pics guys. Beautiful bucks.
It's amazing the things that turn into an argument around here.
Old 03-26-2005, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

fastfire, here is a pic of a doe and a yote, the only reason I have the pic is because of the yote. over the last 3 years we have harvested atleast twice as many doe (including yearlings) as bucks and have only harvested 2 button bucks. I feel it is better to harvest yearling doe's than older doe's because older doe's produce more fawns than younger doe's and yearling doe's have a higher rate of natural mortality ( so why have them eating the available food sources when if they are not going to make it thru the winter or die from predators, illness, etc.

Catt, I feel the most important part and also the most overlooked about managing property is to create sanctuary's that are very thick and are area's that we never enter other than to look for sheds in the winter. Pike

Also Here is a pic of a shed that scored just over 80 inches depsite having a broken G-4 and a chewed off G-5, we found it in one of our sanctuarys and no one has ever laid eye's on this buck to this day. Pike,