HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   Interesting results from an aerial survey at Raystown (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/93142-interesting-results-aerial-survey-raystown.html)

BTBowhunter 03-09-2005 11:42 AM

RE: Interesting results from an aerial survey at Raystown

Actually, the most recent poll results were from 900 respondents.

Any first year college kid in statistics 101 knows that would be an adequate sample.

T_in_PA3 03-09-2005 11:48 AM

Name calling? Boy, you got me there. What name did I call you?

Why does this keep sounding like an elementary school playground? "Whaa, teacher! He's picking on me"

BTBowhunter 03-09-2005 11:52 AM

Better be careful T, I think you may have committed a TYPO!!!

Now you'll have to check into keyboard rehab!

T_in_PA3 03-09-2005 11:58 AM

Oh give me a break. "R" & "T" are right next to each other on the keyboard. Maybe it was a Freudian slip?

BTBowhunter 03-09-2005 12:02 PM

An easy mistake to make there R, whoops, I Mean T;)

wingbar 03-09-2005 12:10 PM

TYPO, hmmm sorry but I don't see it as that. Could have been but the result is plain for any moderator to see.
BTBOWHUNTER it was 750 an is posted as so on the PGC's website. Though I agree that 900 is a valid number to poll, provided the poll is not used to support their own propoganda. Why did they not disclose how many of those 750 were either employeed by or related (spouses) to the PGC? The PGC was caught doing this before..holding meetings with a high % of volunteer DWCOs and their spouses in attendance to gain support for programs.
Like I stated earlier no company (PGC) supported thru stockholders (lisc. buyers)operates in 2005 as they did in 1965. Today the stockholders are demanding honest answers and proof of them.
I'll bet I could get 750 -900 names on a petition this week, yet for repelling AR, even closing all anterless seasons for a year or two. it would have as valid as any "poll" done by the PGC...and I'll disclose whom signed it!

T_in_PA3 03-09-2005 12:13 PM

The poll was done by Penn State using random phone numbers of license holders.

BTBowhunter 03-09-2005 12:32 PM

Page 12 March 05 Game News....

Not sure what poll you're talking about but the most recent one was done by Responsive Management, an outside contractor in May 0f 04 and 900 hunters were polled. Only 10% dissatisfied, 79% satisfied, 11% neither.

Haven't seen the likes of USP use an outside polling co. Wonder if they're afraid of the results?

T_in_PA3 03-09-2005 12:46 PM

The poll they did for AR that I refered to in my earlier post. Was done by PSU and presented at the commissioners meeting before they voted on AR. I was there! That's a fact!

wingbar 03-09-2005 01:15 PM

the original poll was done by the PGC,hmmmmmmmmm must have been a TYPO!