Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 the truth about Casey Burns >

the truth about Casey Burns

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

the truth about Casey Burns

Old 03-03-2005, 03:38 PM

Default RE: the truth about Casey Burns

It really does not matter if it was an accident or a preventable incident. The fact still remains that a hunter admitted in court firing a shot that struck a woman in the head.

The simple question now, is she entitled to compensation for her pain and suffering. Yes or No
Old 03-03-2005, 03:53 PM

ORIGINAL: Wirehair

It really does not matter if it was an accident or a preventable incident. The fact still remains that a hunter admitted in court firing a shot that struck a woman in the head.

The simple question now, is she entitled to compensation for her pain and suffering. Yes or No

YES
Old 03-03-2005, 03:59 PM

ORIGINAL: sot_II

I am saying without a doubt that I NEVER took a shot that I didn't now where the bullet was going to land on the far side. PURE and SIMPLE. In fact 99% of the shots I've taken have been where I could actually see the impact of the round down range..
Don't hunt much in wood lots do you.
This is my last reply to this.
He did it .................
He's going to end up paying big $ to her.....................
He lives with it the rest of his life.....................
THE END...................

Hope it gets deleated as some of you are not in the real world
Old 03-03-2005, 04:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

quote:

YES
nuff said!
Old 03-03-2005, 04:03 PM

I have no problem with her sueing for compensation for her medical bills that were not covered by insurance. However, compensation awards for pain and suffering are a huge can of worms that often are based more on sympathy for the vitum than anything else.

If she fully recovers from her injuries how much would you award her for pain a nd suffering if you were on the jury? Does your homeowners insurance cover you for accidents you may cause on other peoples property?
Old 03-03-2005, 04:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Does your homeowners insurance cover you for accidents you may cause on other peoples property?
yes it does
Old 03-03-2005, 04:10 PM

Unless insurance takes care of it the guy might file bankruptcy and she will get little to nothing. Buddy I mentioned earlier, this is what happened to him. He was in college at the time, living on his own and not covered by his parents. Did the bankruptcy effect him? A little, not much. He's a successful business owner with some nice creekside property that the animals love.
Old 03-03-2005, 04:13 PM

I was going to let this drop as it is apparent to any first year law student that some if not all of you have no idea of the law in this matter and would be better off sticking to telling everyone that will listen how Pa should be a big buck state.
But let us get a few facts straight on this issue: 1. Mr. Wetzel is a grown man whom has been hunting for over 20 years 2. he was legally liscensed and hunting land he had permission to be on as well as not in or near any saftery zone and did not take a skyline shot. 3. He plead guilty of the advice of his attorney (I'm sure) to a second degree misdemeaner for injury to a human caused by discharging a firearm. He was not discharging it inside of a saftery zone. 4. when the investigation began several hunters that had fired at deer in the same area Wetzel was hunting in including Wetzel volunteered to come forth and had their gun tested. 5. Mr Wetzel admitted to shooting at a deer then later in the day he also shot at a fox.6. The PGC and Pa State police did a complete investigation and found Wetzel had been a participant in a accident .7. Mr Wetzel was not with any infraction other than the injury to a human while hunting.8. Wetzel is paying for Burns' medical bills.

* whomever made the comment about Burns getting a million $ that Wetzel's insurance will pay really really needs to take a good look at the mess our judical system is in due to liberal juries awarding huge settlements with the exact same attitude ** Like I said earlier I've watched this case unfold from day one as it drew my interest since one of my own children lives less than 2 miles from where the accident took place. Ms. Burns unmarried an living with her parents had an attorney from day one ( yes this is a fact ) to anyone with any background in law it is also obvious her civil attorney knew her chances for a huge cash settlement were increased ten fold if Wetzel was convicted or plead guilty. Also as I mentioned earlier the intent of her atty. was to implicate the PGC in the case as he immediatedly broughtforth evidence of the PGC's own studies that they did not act on expansion of the shotgun only areas.
* watch this case unfold, you as sportsmen have a vested interest whether you realize it or not.
Accident yes intent no ! Burns is going to grab as much as possible.
Old 03-03-2005, 04:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

She took a bullet in the head. She should get a big number.

The most criminal thing about all this is that some slimeball/shark/ambulance chasing scum will take around 40% of what she's awarded. Not to mention the additional robbery of the "expenses"
which can easily become huge as well.
Old 03-03-2005, 04:55 PM

Can you tell me if the accident occurred in WMU 5C or 3 D ? AS I read the regs it appears it occurred in 3 D rather than 5 C as reported in the press.

Quick Reply: the truth about Casey Burns

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.