Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 the truth about Casey Burns >

the truth about Casey Burns

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

the truth about Casey Burns

Old 03-07-2005, 12:12 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: the truth about Casey Burns

Wingbar, next time open the window before you shoot.
Old 03-07-2005, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm just glad you hit the hog in the first place
Old 03-07-2005, 12:21 PM

Wingbar....I try to look at things with an open mind and from many angles. I just realized something here....and the evidence is leaning towards proving me right;
Old 03-07-2005, 12:35 PM
Typical Buck

Why did I know that BT would cop out and not answer my question?
Old 03-07-2005, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator

Debate the issue. Personal attacks will result in deleted and edited posts. Further attacks may lead to a ban. I am trying hard not to lock this thread.
Old 03-07-2005, 01:25 PM

hillbilly: I ate hog either way! Point is once you pull that trigger not you, Mr. wetzel, nor I can be 100% certain where that bullet will end up.
In Mr. wetzel's case it traveled 6/10th of a mile thru an orchard to hit a car window then Ms. Burns.
That is an accident, to try an profit from an accident is morally wrong. Does Mr. Wetzel feel bad, I do not know for sure but imagine so. Is he paying for Ms. Burns' medical bills ? Yes he is.
Old 03-07-2005, 01:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've shot thousands of rounds of every caliber & yet I have never shot any body.But I did throw a rock thru a window once . I guess I'm just lucky.
Old 03-07-2005, 02:46 PM

Bwana: you never shot anyone that you know of...neither did Mr. Wetzel. it was only after two days that the Pa State Police asked anyone in whom had shot a gun in the area to come forth and have their gun ballistic tested to see if it matched the bullet recovered from Ms. Burns. Several shooters volunteered their rifles for testing. it was only after testing thru ballistics the slug was proven to come from Mr. Wetzel's rifle. ** an interesting point to be made here is that had Mr. Wetzel NOT come forth in all likelyhood no one would have ever known who fired this shot.
If this isn't a accidental case with someone trying to get rich off it nothing is! Was Casey Burns hurt..yes! Did Mr. Wetzel fire that shot...yes! Was it an accident as proven in court....yes! should it ruin Mr. Wetzel (because Burns will surely seek damages over and above his insurance cap)....NO! Should Ms. burns and family being using this accident to feed a liberal press hungry for anti gun/hunting articles........NO!
Old 03-07-2005, 03:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Go back to page 9.....

As for the level ground arguement, on perfectly flat leve ground, most every deer caliber would hit the dirt 300 yards behind a deer size target. way closer on a fox. This shot had to be a horizon situtaion and a stand of trees simply is not a good enough backstop in this situation.
Sorry you can't accept my answer but that was it.
Old 03-07-2005, 03:22 PM
Typical Buck

Go back to page 9.....

quote:

As for the level ground arguement, on perfectly flat leve ground, most every deer caliber would hit the dirt 300 yards behind a deer size target. way closer on a fox. This shot had to be a horizon situtaion and a stand of trees simply is not a good enough backstop in this situation.

Sorry you can't accept my answer but that was
Oh puhlessssssse that doesnt answer the question and you know it. Why are you wont you answer the question? Ill tell you why because you know perfectly well youve shot at deer on level ground but cant defend your not shooting without a backstop statement.

Quick Reply: the truth about Casey Burns

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.