Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

My 1st Bobcat..

Old 02-12-2005, 07:57 AM

Default My 1st Bobcat..

Well gents, I haven't seen any Cougars,but I did see my 1st Bobcat this morning about 9:00. I'm not sure what the average size is, but this one must have gone 30lbs. Anybody see one lately?
Old 02-12-2005, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My 1st Bobcat..

Congrats!Haven't seen any lately but they're an impressive animal.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:10 AM

I knew they were out there, I've seen tracks, some just around the perimeter of my freaking house!!!

I have never called one in while hunting coyotes, but I know they're out there. Maybe sometime in near future, they'll open them up for a restricted hunt?
Old 02-12-2005, 08:50 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats on your first bocat!! Lets see him I've seen two in the wild, one in AZ and the other in PA years ago. They say their here in NH but not so luck to see one yet. Again Congratulations
Old 02-12-2005, 01:06 PM

I saw a bobcat on the last day of 6day buckseason in Jersey..was very neat to see..the warden i talked to said he has only seen a few in teh 15 years he has been around there...he wasnt very big maybe 15-20lbs but was very neat to see
Old 02-12-2005, 02:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

10-4
Old 02-12-2005, 05:31 PM
Fork Horn

Congratulations. Too bad you didn't get to see him w/ a camera as well. I have seen six different ones now at our hunting property in Bradford county. I saw one in my tree-stand in early muzzleloader that was like a ghost. It was a small female I am assuming and she picked me out of my tree a good 50-60 yards away. She knew something was right, I guess the 6th sense that keeps them soo elusive. Two others I have seen in fields doing some spotting and the other three I saw at our dinner scrap pile. Too bad we don't have pictures though. Arrowchucker are you from PA?? If soo then there is a restricted hunt for bobcats, the application is in the digest you get with your liscense.
Old 02-13-2005, 05:26 AM

Years ago while bow hunting in the Algerine Swamp area, I had a bobcat climb up on a deadfall about 10 yds away. I was sitting under a pine tree and the cat never saw me. It just looked around and padded away. We sometimes heard them wailing at sundown. Man, talk about an eerie sound!
Old 02-13-2005, 06:53 AM

Yeah I'm from Pa, Warren to be exact. And I did check on the bobcat permit,but you have to apply between 7/1 and 8/15,and it's lottery style. What's worse,if they don't draw you,you're out 5 bucks! Like they don't get enough of my money already. I think I'll just stick to coyotes and foxes for the time being.

Hey Mike, if you have never hunted coyotes, try sitting in snow at 3 am and have them howling at about 50 yards. I've hunted them for a long time, and it still scares the hell out of me sometimes!
Old 02-13-2005, 05:15 PM

Hey Mike, if you have never hunted coyotes, try sitting in snow at 3 am and have them howling at about 50 yards. I've hunted them for a long time, and it still scares the hell out of me sometimes!
I've heard yotes howling out west in AZ. Believe me, there ain't no comparison to a cat yowl.

Quick Reply: My 1st Bobcat..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.