Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 how was your seson? >

how was your seson?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

how was your seson?

Old 02-11-2005, 01:53 PM

Default how was your seson?

how was everyone's seson mine blew i saw one 6pointer the day befor opening i guess lil acorns lil beach nuts all i saw was lil does in the 120lbs rang but that was it i was told ny blew and so did mass(both of witch i hunt in) so how was everyones season?

Old 02-11-2005, 02:52 PM

Default RE: how was your seson?

i got a doe at 9:30 the 1st day. nthen on the last day, i saw 3 more doe, and got my friend on for his tag
Old 02-11-2005, 05:55 PM
Typical Buck

I got 7 with my bow including a nice buck & one buck with a rifle in NY state.
Really blew it on a nice 9 pointer tho. Shoulda stayed in my blind 5 more minutes but thats hunting. He was walking in as I left the blind & busted me about 30 yards away. Never came back before nightfall again. [:'(]
Old 02-11-2005, 07:50 PM

It was a very tough season up here in the Adirondacks. I hunt about 45 days out of the season and I saw a lot fewer deer than I usually do. I even hunted 13 straight days without seeing so much as a flag. That will test a hunters soul. I was fortunate enough to take a small spike and a real dandy 11 pointer that weighed 160 lbs. He was probably a few pounds light from chasing doe's. He's at the taxidermist now. I can't wait to get him back!

Mr. .45-70
Old 02-11-2005, 09:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got an 8 pointer a four point and a spike in north carolina, and a huge 200 lbs 8 pointer in west virginia.
Old 02-12-2005, 06:05 AM
Fork Horn

My season got ruined before it started..... I seen a real HEAVY 8 pointer, had to be about a 130-140 class deer, the week before the season near my stand. I waited through archery for that one deer. I passed on smaller 8 pointers and I even had a doe license but kept passing the does hoping that BIG 8 was on his way behind. Yes, I could have shot several deer and some would even say I became obsessed with this guy.

I did see him on occaision until the last day of archery season in January. He came right into my stand at 30 yards but my arrow hit a twig and he scattered. I guess I shouldn't say my season was ruined, but it was challenged....

I'm already itching to get out there in the fall and wait until he comes by......
Old 02-12-2005, 05:00 PM
Typical Buck

2 doe's was all I could muster up this year! I saw 6 bucks on a doe only day in Nov. Including a monster 8 point but that was the last time I saw them! I saw 12 different bucks while scouting before the season but none during .It was a strange year! I passed on a spike opening day and I passed up quite a few doe's as well. I wish I took 1 more of those doe's now but oh well! I can't wait till next year!
Old 02-12-2005, 05:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Had 11 bucks in one day walk by my stand during archery, but needed a doe. The only deer I saw during the six day was a button, It was legal and tasty. Then finally got a decent size shed last week. One antler shed and the other nubed as if broken off early in the season. A very bad season but happy with meat in the freezer. Did some walking today and already have plans for next sept.
Old 02-15-2005, 06:55 PM

sounds good boys how did my new england hunters do?

Old 02-15-2005, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

All I got was a spike on the last day of my vacation before i went back to work.It happened to be the same deer I missed 5 days earlier and the one I think I spooked on opening morning when I drew my bow back.Every year I take the first ten days of the archery season off for my vacation.

Quick Reply: how was your seson?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.