Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Zone 8

Old 01-26-2005, 06:09 PM
Typical Buck

Default Zone 8

Sorry to all you guy's who don't like the late season shotgun hunts but I'm going tomorrow! It's gonna be coooooooold!!! I can't wait! I love hunting in the snow! I saw a 3 point across from my house the other day I hope I run into a buck still wearing his head gear tomorrow...
Old 01-26-2005, 06:26 PM

Default RE: Zone 8

Good luck and have fun Jim.Nail him!!
Im jealous,I have plans to gather all my hunting gear and put it back in storage--very organized[turkey clothes on top-light bowhunting clothes second..etc....]I could go,but I figured its over for me this season.
good luck-be safe
Old 01-26-2005, 07:26 PM

Good luck Jim..im also going to try to get out one more time...hopefully ill get one and make a batch of jerky out of it for the winter and icefishing...
Old 01-27-2005, 02:27 PM
Typical Buck

Well no new meat for the freezer! I saw 3 doe's but too far away for a shot! A good day in the woods though. I saw 4 different foxes a cool little owl in a pine tree and a giant hawk fighting with 3 or 4 crows! Tough walking in the snow but a good workout never hurt anyone! LOL! I might even take one more day before it's all over. I had to cut the day short today and would have liked to see what comes out just before dark! There are tracks everywhere in the snow so I know they are there sometime!!!!
Old 01-27-2005, 02:56 PM

i am goin to be hunting zone 8 tomarrow too will you be hunting public land? i will be at hacklebarney st. park
Old 01-27-2005, 05:40 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: xxxbuckshot

i am goin to be hunting zone 8 tomarrow too will you be hunting public land? i will be at hacklebarney st. park
Have you hunted there before? I've walked through there a couple of times in the summer and driven around the park but never hunted it. It looks like a good place to hunt. Good luck to ya!!! ... Jim
Old 01-27-2005, 08:20 PM

thats pretty much the only place i deer hunt. i am there just about every weekend from bow to shotgun.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:49 PM
Typical Buck

thats pretty much the only place i deer hunt. i am there just about every weekend from bow to shotgun.
xxx did you go? If so how did you make out?
Old 01-30-2005, 03:06 PM

i did go but all i seen was dead deer that other hunters shot. their was a group of hunters that did drives and got 2 does and a buck that already shed which i wish didnt happen. ther is sign all over the place but it must be all at night. did you go, how did you do????
Old 01-30-2005, 09:46 PM

This deer zone get's hunted heavily. Plenty of public land, but it gets pounded. 10 year average 5936 deer per year. Zone 9 & 11 a little smaller and less public land, but less pressure.

i did go but all i seen was dead deer that other hunters shot. their was a group of hunters that did drives and got 2 does and a buck that already shed which i wish didnt happen. ther is sign all over the place but it must be all at night. did you go, how did you do????

Quick Reply: Zone 8

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.