Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Where to hunt in Northern Maine >

Where to hunt in Northern Maine

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Where to hunt in Northern Maine

Old 03-02-2005, 06:55 PM

Default RE: Where to hunt in Northern Maine

You must have been stationed at Loring??? Its now a big industrial park and wildlife refuge..

Lots of deer along the little black. Lots of big deer but high hunting pressure.
Old 03-02-2005, 09:29 PM

Looking for information and found entertainment!
ORIGINAL: Portage

We might be talking about why you read all 5 pages of this thread.
Old 03-03-2005, 04:08 AM

Looking for information and found entertainment!
It is a train wreck isn't it? Can't let the PA guys have all the fun.

After you waded through all of the chest pounding and other BS (I include myself in that), I guess you could gleen that deer hunting in northern Maine is hard work. Don't come here if you expect to see 30 deer a day, want to sit over a food plot in a heated house, or will be offended if you see someone with a spikehorn. Be prepared to be wet, cold, tired, and footsore. Be prepared to cover a lot of ground, see a lot of red squirrels, and fir trees. You might see nothing or you might see the deer of your dreams. You'll be able to wander until your heart is content.

You might also gleen that there are better areas than the Eagle Lake unit but that isn't a bad place. If you were looking for "go to mile 17 on the Pennington Road, hunt the ridge/swamps on the south side, and you'll kill a 200 pounder" well.....

I've said my peace on this thread.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:45 PM

Portage....we finaly agree on something....that last post was right on the money.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:05 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Maineguide5424

Mr 45-70,
If you are going to hunt on your own you need to listen to Moosehorn hunter. What he is telling you is by far the best way to get a big Maine buck.
What he told you in a few sentences is exactly what those phony Benoits charge a few hundred dollars for at a "seminar". Those guys hunt every day of every season in 2 or 3 states plus Quebec. If you couldn't kill a buck every year by doing that, then you may as well stay home.

Champlain Islander,
If those loggers took their share of the road, they would take it all, it's their road. You have no share, BE CAREFUL.
Maineguide, I went to multiple Benoit seminars and they were nowhere near $100!

We should clear up that myth right now. They havent hunted Maine in 4-5 years either I got that straight from Shane.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:40 PM

check out T4 R15 WELS on map. also good camp in area www.bouletsportingcamps.com.Lots of good bucks in the area but you want to wait until 3rd wk. of nov.

Old 04-14-2005, 06:05 PM

mr 45/70

just read a good book called Hunting Big Woods Bucks by master Maine guide Hal Blood.Good stories on northern Maine hunting.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:53 AM

So how's the hunting around Lincoln Me? Is that considered central Maine, or is it more of a North Woods experience?
Old 04-17-2005, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

hal blood runs a camp near jackman. ive hunted with him a couple years back for snowshoe hares. dont know much about his deer hunting skills but he did rub me a little wrong on a hunt i booked with him. i booked a group to snowshoe hare hunt with him using his dogs months in advance and then when i showed up he tried to throw in another group of hunters with us. i specifically asked months before that the 4 people in my group be the only ones as i had a youngster in the group and wanted a quality hunt and not overwhelm with an army of shooters and people we didnt know. he wanted to take like 10 guys out hunting.i hate outfitters going back on what was agreed upon. i guess he thought now that we were there he had us and we would have to agree. its not like he wasnt getting paid well. i think i will skip on his book.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:47 AM

Are you looking to hunt for deer? The deer in northern maine usually have some size to them. Although they are few and far between, especially in those places that moose habitat. Moose and deer do not cohabitat very well and deer will move on. Southwestern Maine or southern part of state will produce some results for you.

Quick Reply: Where to hunt in Northern Maine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.