Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Ny Stop DEC before it's to late!!!!! >

Ny Stop DEC before it's to late!!!!!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Ny Stop DEC before it's to late!!!!!

Old 01-12-2005, 07:48 AM
Typical Buck

Default Ny Stop DEC before it's to late!!!!!

Please write or email the NYS DEC to stop the proposed change of making the 3rd week in OCT doe only Muzzleloader season,and closing archery hunting that week.deer numbers are down as it is and I fear many buck will be shot illegally.There is a link on DEC's website to comment,PLEASE voice your objections now and when public meetings are held,if enough noice is made we can stop this before it's to late!
Old 01-12-2005, 08:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Ny Stop DEC before it's to late!!!!!

Anyone know when the public metings are?
Old 01-12-2005, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

not sure when meeting are - I checked yesterday and there was no mention of them. They are supposed to be in Feb. I will be there. Formulating my letter(s) now. Don't just contact DEC - contact local politician, as well. Refer to this thread for some NY input on the situation:

http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.as...1&key=&#826545
Old 01-12-2005, 08:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Don't just contact DEC - contact local politician, as well
I'm bumming Bob Warner was defeated in the last election,he is a hunter and as good as a politician gets. He also let's me hunt his land.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe you can go hunt on Donna's land??
Old 01-12-2005, 12:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

Donna?

I still have permission Warner is the one that started a hunter coalition. He would send us updated on what was going on in the state concerning hunting fishing issues.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

The person who beat Warner.
Old 01-12-2005, 08:24 PM

You know, the DEC personel that we have talked to, all support this proposal. I think its bad news. I said I felt that the muzzleloader season was ill-advised, and they looked at me like I was nuts. I explained how bucks would be taken illegally, and their response was, well, those guys would do that anyway. I replied that no, before, if you were out there with a muzzleloader, it would be hard explaining what you were doing, but with this new season, its only tempting guys by putting them into that position legally.

I dont mind the earlier start for bowhunters, hell I always wondered why we didnt do it sooner. My only complaint to that was selfish, as a taxidermist the season is already so darned long, I didnt want two more weeks! But I think its ok for the hunters. The Saturday start is a great idea, we have seen a big drop in hunters in the field. Folks cant risk their job to go hunt on a Monday morning opening day, and with so many areas seeing job downsizing, many guys are starting new jobs in the last few years and no longer have seniority for vacation time.

Ill tell you from experience, though, that youll find out more about these so-called public meetings AFTER theyve been held. It was the same thing with the silly CWD crap. Personally, I dont believe we will have too much say in this matter. As for less deer, the DEC WANTS less deer, make no mistake about it. Theyre willing to give up license revenue to hand out so many crop damage permits, you know theyre trimming back the herd. I believe that soon youll see deer numbers much more similar to the late '70's. I dont think thats so bad as far as the deer quality goes, but guys have gotten used to multiple deer takes and will undoubtedly be unhappy with the possibility of going without a deer.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:05 AM

So glad to see this thread started, every body does need to act & voice opinions NOW!! This will be done and said before you know it!! The only mention I can find as to the date of the meeting is..Feb. 2005 to be held accross the state, public comment will end mid March and "notice of adoption" will be submitted to the Department of the State for publication in the New York State register. FORMAl adoption of the revised regulation package is expected next April.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

You can use Pa as an example when you state your case. We have that early muzzy season the same time but archery is STILL in. Been that way for 4 years with no problems. Biggest bummer is that archers gotta put some orange on. Other than that, it hasn't been that bad.

Quick Reply: Ny Stop DEC before it's to late!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.