Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 be praise pa Game Comm >

be praise pa Game Comm

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

be praise pa Game Comm

Old 01-04-2005, 11:26 AM

Default be praise pa Game Comm

after all that complaing maybe some ppl can praise them
for what they have done.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: be praise pa Game Comm

Dont know if I'm ready to praise yet. they allowed things to go the wrong way for a lotta years. True, they are trying to fix things but lets see if they have the courage to finish the job. Then we can lavish the praise on em
Old 01-04-2005, 02:37 PM

ORIGINAL: bowhunt05

after all that complaing maybe some ppl can praise them
for what they have done.
Why don't you start by listing what you think the PGC has done that deserves our praise. IMHO the network of SGL's and the turkey restoration plan were major successes as was the deer program before Alt was appointed.
Old 01-04-2005, 02:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

They allowed us to pickup sheds. And pickup roadkills real easy
Old 01-04-2005, 03:03 PM
Fork Horn

Deaddeer: As I recall it was the biologists from the PGC that said turkeys needed big woods to survive. saying that farmland would not support turkeys.
IT WAS the NWTF that brought the turkey levels to where they are today in that farmland. and it was NWTF $$ that did it not the PGC although the PGC took the credit for it.
same as with the elk and thr RMEF, what were left of the elk in Pa 200 maybe 250 animals not that very long ago? Look what the RMEF did with habitat, fencing,etc. now we have a hunting season every year..but the good old PGC is trying to steal the thunder there too!
what we need is for Pheasants Forever or a similar org to come in an take over the pheasnt program from the PGC rather than spending $20+ each on stocking pen reared birds for the hawks an 'yotes to dine on
Old 01-04-2005, 04:59 PM

RE: be praise pa Game Comm (in reply to bowhunt05)

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Deaddeer: As I recall it was the biologists from the PGC that said turkeys needed big woods to survive. saying that farmland would not support turkeys.
IT WAS the NWTF that brought the turkey levels to where they are today in that farmland. and it was NWTF $$ that did it not the PGC although the PGC took the credit for it.
The NWTF did not conduct the trap and transfer operations that expanded the range of the turkeys in PA, just as the PGC was not responsible for the expansion of the deer range in PA. But, the PGC is still managing both species as if they both only used forested habitat. We now have more turkeys than pheasants in 5C and we may even have more turkeys than deer ,but the PGC manages both species as if they only lived in forested habitat.
Old 01-04-2005, 05:16 PM
Fork Horn

deadeer: I beg to differ with you. unless you made a typo when you wrote the NWTF did not conduct the trap and transfers.... While the PGC did do the actual cannon netting it was with the $ the NWTF donated for the project, the PGC has gone on record several times in news releases and in the Game News saying just that.
Also the RMEF was the $ behind the elk programs as well and acknowledged as so by the PGC too.
I am an active member in both of these fine orgs. donateing both time and $ to their Pa projects.
Now if only some deer org would step up to the plate to run that project. Trouble is 99% of the orgs that specialize in deer are doing it for the purpose of raising horns rather than doing it for the herd in general.
Old 01-04-2005, 05:27 PM

beg to differ with you. unless you made a typo when you wrote the NWTF did not conduct the trap and transfers.... While the PGC did do the actual cannon netting it was with the $ the NWTF donated for the project, the PGC has gone on record several times in news releases and in the Game News saying just that
Their was no typo in my post because I said the PGC conducted the trap and transfer program. Note I said nothing about funding for the program. Maybe both the NWTF and the PGC both deserve credit for the program , but it would never have happened if the PGC didn't support it.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:04 PM

After months of PGC / Alt bashing someone started a thread to praise the PGC. My hopes were high to read some of the posts.

Unfortunately they were dashed by Ulysses.

Man - Can you not get off your dead horse and let it go. Leave the computer, smell the flowers enjoy nature instead of hating everyone involved with it.

Personally, I'd like to praise the PGC for the SGLs. For me and my family they offer 4 season activities. Compared to other states we are blessed with amount fo public land available to us Pennsylvanians.

Peter
Old 01-04-2005, 06:27 PM
Fork Horn

just use the mouse to drag past my posts if it bothers you so much, I'm free to post my views as well as you are. in truth unless you are a birdwatcher,hiker,stocked pheasant hunter, the PGC hasn't really had the capital to do much of anything of late. sorry to burst your bubble but that really is the way it is.
the rifle ranges, roads, habitat ,etc. are pretty much in disarray that is the truth of it.

You want to read praises I'll give them one for you.... thank you PGC for allowing youth days, now my grandkids are free to do what I did when I was their age even if only for a few days each year............ there how's that for ya?

Quick Reply: be praise pa Game Comm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.