Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Pa. guys WHO is PROUD of me ???? >

Pa. guys WHO is PROUD of me ????

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa. guys WHO is PROUD of me ????

Old 01-01-2005, 10:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Pa. guys WHO is PROUD of me ????

Well it warmed up. So I took the x-bow out this morning to a little pizza alice shaped 2 acre wood lot that is a go between for the deer to run from one large tract of timber to the otherside of big tract of timber. At 7 :30 6 doe ,2 huge mules come across the road and enter within 10 yards of me. I was on the ground in some real tight brush. They never seen me. They stopped messed around and was going to bed down.Then they here something,here comes the gun hunters through the bow area again. I dont know why but I left them walk decided not to shoot . I stood up so they would run back to the protected part of the park so the gun hunters there illegally would not see them. I really needed that meat,but something spoke to me dont shoot one.Ah well,so I got my stuff together started going to the car just 40 yards away and fell bending 2 bolts on my quiver and messed up my hip again. And the doe are still walking.GEEEEEEZE What the hell did I go out for ???
Old 01-01-2005, 11:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Pa. guys WHO is PROUD of me ????

GEEEEEEZE What the hell did I go out for ???
Cause a bad day in the woods still beats a good day at work, in front of the tube, on the computer etc. You had em in and made a choice. You won the game! You just practiced "catch and release" bowhunting. There's still two weeks left. Maybe that meat you need will show up under a big rack
Old 01-01-2005, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cardeer , you are a model for alot of people to follow , you still can choose to pass on deer even when you truely need the meat because u know that the shot may not be the best thing to do then. Also i think you are awsome that you can still get out , and have the drive to hunt after some of the things you have gone through ...That shows you are one tough cookie....
Old 01-01-2005, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way ta go! sounds like a success to me, except for the hip and the $10 tab for the bolts. I was out today with the flintlock. I had a group of 2 mature does and 4 fawns behind me at ten yards. I coulda taken one of the does but I just didn't have the desire. They weren't a consolation prize in my eyes. I'll gamble and keep my tag. I thought of the future and let 'em walk. Many hunters out playing shoot 'em up today. I figured if I shot, the rest would run over the top to the shotgun guys on the other side and they would whack the fawns, so I let them go down the hill and bed down. I'm waiting for a nice buck. Several still seen around the houses, so I know they are there.
Old 01-02-2005, 07:03 AM
Fork Horn

Cardeer I'll buy you a new year's drink for doing the right thing and passing on a doe. you need some meat contact me I got plenty of sauasage an burger from a steer we butchered last week you're welcome to some for not doing what the 'horn hunters claim is the best for the food plot gang!
hooray for you!
Old 01-02-2005, 07:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sounds like you need to CTRL-ALT-DELETE those guys. Call DavidMil.