Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 GREAT DAY FOR SPORTSMEN OF PA >

GREAT DAY FOR SPORTSMEN OF PA

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

GREAT DAY FOR SPORTSMEN OF PA

Old 12-31-2004, 06:57 AM
Fork Horn

Default GREAT DAY FOR SPORTSMEN OF PA

today is the day I prayed for for the last 5 yrs. DR. Death,Cut'nRun,Gary Alt is doing his last day of screwing the sportsmen/women of this fine state today 12/31/04! Amen!!!
Now death to all the programs he instigated in his 5 year reign of terror on the doe herds of Pa
Scrap all this Altism and go back to 2 wks of buck hunting followed by 3 days of doe hunting.
Old 12-31-2004, 07:05 AM

Default RE: GREAT DAY FOR SPORTSMEN OF PA

ulysses,
I used to hunt in PA.
In the 80s i resided in the state exwife had family there.
But please think about what I'm about to say.
When was the last time you saw any part or whole of any
goverment BACK UP no they will just keep adding & subtracting till it
is so far out it can never be fixed.
I felt sorry for you guys in PA. because I saw the light & knew NY would jump on the band wagon.
So far they have not but in time my friend in time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-31-2004, 07:34 AM
Fork Horn

fastfire: I agree 100% the PGC is into up to their collective eyeballs and if they don't do something on DCNR land the DCNR will. But that doesn't mean the rest of the state must suffer because of it.
The PGC was once held in the highest esteem by most every hunter in Pa and also much of the nation. sadly that Dept. has allowed their prestige to slip and decay to a point not even a majority of hunters in Pa thinks they are doing as much as even a fair job today.
I agree it is going to get much worse! Those without private land connections in the next few years will have no place worth buying a hunting lisc. to hunt on. This is at a time when hunter recruitment already is at a low point.
God bless what is left of the wildlife in Pa, if it wasn't for the turkeys( thanks to the NWTF and the elk RMEF) I can't think of a single animal that the PGC has managed well by themselves here in the last 20 yrs.
Old 12-31-2004, 08:53 AM

50 yard rule from the houses with a bow is helping... so is crossbows in the 5D type areas.
Old 12-31-2004, 09:51 AM

My celebration at midnight will be extra special this year.

Good-bye cut n' run Alt, don't let the door hit ya on the way out....
Old 12-31-2004, 11:29 AM
Fork Horn

oh yeah that 50 yd rule may help in some areas but what about the rest. If it's someone's idea of pursuit to sit on their shed roof flinging arrows at deer eating their neighbor's shrubs, but here in the real world of hunting it don't mean squat!
The PGC did take the credit when the NWTF &RMEF took up the role here in Pa when they were more worried with keeping the mtn bikers happy on gamelands.
Old 12-31-2004, 11:29 AM

You'll never see a 3 day doe season again.
Old 12-31-2004, 01:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

You'll never see a 3 day doe season again
I agree T. The concurrent season is here to stay. Doe license reductions are inevitable but the concurrent seasons will likely remain.
Old 12-31-2004, 02:25 PM
Fork Horn

how's the land scam going
Old 12-31-2004, 04:35 PM

I agree T. The concurrent season is here to stay. Doe license reductions are inevitable but the concurrent seasons will likely remain.
Why would you say that when the PGC has said that the harvest of 352K anterless didn't reduce the herd and the 2003 harvest of 323K anterless only kept the herd stable? Why would the PGC reduce anterless allocations if after two years of 1M anterless tags and two years of record anterless harvests the PGC is still claiming we have had zero HR?

Quick Reply: GREAT DAY FOR SPORTSMEN OF PA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.