Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 question for MD hunters >

question for MD hunters

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

question for MD hunters

Old 02-05-2005, 07:45 AM

Default RE: question for MD hunters

my son and i did great down in maryland this year. i abandoned that half#$@%^ state of pa to hunt some great spots in harford county. we ended up with 5, could have shot dbl that easy but im not greedy
Old 02-05-2005, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

ductman--sshhhhhhhh!!! Harford county is a sleeper county and we're tryin' to keep it that way! lol I could've killed many times the number of deer I did too, but I won't shoot any deer unless my family we use it or I have someone lined up who wil take it. We have 5 deer in the freezer and I gave one away to a nurse at work. I had days when I saw 40+ deer and could've shot nearly half of them. This was the last year for that area though. The landowner got some idiot who works for him in there who is a smart-a$$ and now has exclusive use of this incredible property.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:07 AM

ORIGINAL: Drakeman

I've been hunting in Howard County and everything was great until Shotgun season came. It wasn't until the last day of shotgun that I even had a doe to shoot at. This past Saturday was the first time I saw a buck since Friday after Thanksgiving. They just know to change their habits quickly once they get crazy pressure.
I've been hunting in Howard County and everything was great until Shotgun season came. It wasn't until the last day of shotgun that I even had a doe to shoot at. This past Saturday was the first time I saw a buck since Friday after Thanksgiving. They just know to change their habits quickly once they get crazy pressure.
Hey Drakeman:

Where abouts in Howard county do you hunt? I live there too and would interested for next year. Any Turkeys in the Spring?
Old 02-09-2005, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dave H. Do you work at Bayview by any chance? Howard County hunters...I hunt by Fulton and have been slamming plenty of deer there for the past 10+ years. They now have managed hunts there because my buddies and I still don't dent the population sufficiently.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:54 PM

I had a pretty good year in Md. myself.
I shot a piebald doe and another doe with the bow.Then I shot my biggest bow buck a 11 point that scored 139 4/8's.
In rifle season I shot a 6pt. then took a doe in the late muzzleloader season.