Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Mass or NH Bear Hunters >

Mass or NH Bear Hunters

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Mass or NH Bear Hunters

Old 12-27-2004, 10:43 AM
Fork Horn

Default Mass or NH Bear Hunters

Decided to get bear tags for Mass and NH for next year. Bow-hunted them in Manitoba last year. My group took three. I passed on a medium-sized sow, hoping for a big boar we'd seen to come in. No luck but lots of fun. Any of you guys connect this year? Which counties or WMAs make sense to scout? Thanks for the heads up.
Old 12-27-2004, 10:55 AM

Default RE: Mass or NH Bear Hunters

What type of hunting do you plan on doing? In MA it's ambush over natural food sources or spot and stalk, in NH you can bait or run hounds as well. What type of hunting style were you planning on?
Old 12-27-2004, 12:10 PM
Fork Horn

Jay,

For both, find fall food sources and use portable treestand. Baiting will be tough in NH since I hunt public land.
Old 12-27-2004, 12:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

October Mountain State Forest is loader here in Berkshire County. That would be my first go to spot in Berkshire County.
Old 12-27-2004, 12:42 PM
Typical Buck

Last year I seen a ton of bear in the areas I hunt. This year I didn't gety out as much so the sighting were low for me. I did however hunt a few days on a farm that this farmer is having lots of sighting on. He wanted me to take one so the people visiting his farm and trail system wouldn't have run in with them. Saw a lot of sign and big tracks but while hunting only saw a cub. A few years ago I took a nice on with the bow on the same farm. People from my wife womens group are always asking me to hunt the bears by their home. I would but most of them only want the bears hunted! I can't hunt the turkeys or deer on their land. I tell them when you let me deer/turkey hunt I'll help you out with the bear. If you decide on NH let me know and I'll point out a few good spots here in the Concord area.
Old 12-28-2004, 03:04 PM
Fork Horn

If you decide on NH let me know and I'll point out a few good spots here in the Concord area.
Dropped an email through this site to you, but don't know whether it made it through. I appreciate the offer and gladly accept. I'd like some info for the Concord area.