Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 billion dollar industry >

billion dollar industry

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

billion dollar industry

Old 12-14-2004, 07:46 PM

Default billion dollar industry

It was stated in one PA paper yesterday,hunting is a 1.5 billion dollar industry in the state,do you think if this figure is drastically reduced due to hunters not buying a license next year because of low deer numbers,that the game commision will get the message?
Old 12-15-2004, 04:51 AM

Default RE: billion dollar industry

I'm betting that, despite all the complaints, that licenses will not drop significally. A rumored price increase may do more.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

No ,we as hunters cant stick together without fighting the way it seems.Some will not buy a license,then the next guy will say HA HA ,good More for me!! Some will not shoot doe others will shoot the one the guy just tried to save.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:41 AM
Fork Horn

cardeer sad but you are correct all goes back to greed
Old 12-15-2004, 07:44 AM

ulysses,lochorn/legend/buffalo/ whatever name of the month your are using now.........

You talk alot about greed, but all I am hearing is "blah,blah,blah". If you don't want to buy a doe tag, how is it greed for another guy to buy that one you were trying to "save"? Because they aren't following your lead? Your little comment about guys taking more than they need is a mute point. Most guys on here have families, and one deer won't feed them for an entire year! My buck from this year yeilded 75 pounds of meat after being processed. Sounds like alot, but that won't last long!

You have a right to express your feelings, but you always seem to forget that others have the same right also! There is freedom of speach and all that good stuff, as long that that persons view follows yours! You keep trash talking Alt, the PGC, and you keep trying to get hunters to post there property and stop killing does, that is your right, but how dare you then go call guys greedy when they are buying the tags that you aren't, and they are promoting the PGC and the management plan?
Old 12-15-2004, 07:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Greed is not accepting that we can't support as many deer as we have had in the past.

Greed is refusing to accept science because it just might force a change from old bad habits or beloved traditions even if those traditions are doomed anyway.

Greed is expecting the PGC to manage purely for the interests of a few hunters who just wont adapt.

Yes, it is all about greed.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:04 AM

WELL LOOKS LIKE THERE ARE MIXED FEELINGS ALL WE CAN DO IS JUST KILL ALL THE DEER AND HAVE NOTHING IT WILL WILL BE BETTER IN 10 YRS WHEN THERE IS NO HUNTING....ONLY THING I DON'T GET IS OVER IN NJ YOU CAN KILL AS MANY DOE AS YOU WANT AND I STILL SEE TONS OF DEER THERE NO BIG BUCKS BUT TONS OF DEER.... YES IF WE DON'T HUNT FOR A YR THERE WILL BE MORE DEER BUT WHEN HAPPENDS WHEN IT HAPPES AGAIN WHEN THE HEARD GETS LOW... THEN WHAT MAYBE JUST ONE DOE TAG AND ONE BUCK TAG IS ENOUGH BUT I KNOW GUYS WHO KILL 6-8 DEER A YR TO HAVE MEET ALL YR AND I KNOW GUYS WHO DON'T KILL ONE OR HAVE KILLED ONE YET... WELL GUYS AS LONG AS I TAKE MY ONE DEER A YR I AM HAPPY... DOE OR BUCK BUT HAS TO BE OVER 6 POINT FOR ME TO TAKE A BUCK JUST WAS RAISED THAT WAY....
Old 12-15-2004, 09:54 AM
Fork Horn

I feel it is greed of the horn hunters to push their wishes on the majority of hunters in Pa whom don't support HR so they can have room for the bucks they want!
In reality I couldn't care less what you guys in other areas of Pa do, we have the right idea now up here in 3A and that's the only place I hunt deer anymore
Old 12-15-2004, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

The 1.5 billion is probably taking into consideration -

*Sporting Goods Sales
*Hotels, restaurants, diners and bars in hunting areas
*Local store sales
*Gas sales for hunters to travel to their areas

Trying to screw the game commission by not hunting for a year will hurt a lot of small businesses as well. Think of it this way - if you wanted to screw the fish commission by not getting a fishing license next year, the bait and tackle shop owner will suffer the most. I would still buy the license, but maybe not buy the doe tags.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:02 AM
Fork Horn

by all means buy a back tag and all the doe tags you can get encourage your family and friends to do the same . Then call a big ole party together for a bon fire and a few brews . Tossing them in the fire 1 at a time while signing " we shall over come"

BUY & BURN and if you really must kill a deer then make it a button buck!

Quick Reply: billion dollar industry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.