Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

hunters poll

Old 12-14-2004, 04:14 PM

Default hunters poll

Would you shoot somebody's pet deer that is wearing a collar, even if it was legal to do so?
Old 12-14-2004, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: hunters poll

I know that if the deer is pet but was still in wild its still game....but for me I couldn't kill it, well maybe if it had a big rack!!!!
Old 12-14-2004, 06:36 PM
Typical Buck

I have mixed feelings on this one. 1) I don't think I would want to give someone else a reason to not like hunters! We need all the support we can get! 2) If the deer was not affraid of me and would let me just walk up on it I wouldn't exactly call that "Fare chase". The doe I saw this year with the red bandana around it's neck didn't let me walk up to it and it ran as soon as it knew I was there! It didn't act like a tame deer and would have been a challenge to shoot! I chose not to shoot her for the black eye to hunting effect and because I have plenty of day's left to fill the freezer! Now if she was a he with a 10 point rack and was not acting tame but had the bandana around his neck??????Hmmmmm... I don't know what I would do. When I'm hunting from my stand and a buck walks under me and doesn't know I'm there how do I know if it just came from someone's back yard where they pet it and feed it every day? I don't! That doe I saw felt comfortable enough around somebody to let them put that bandana around it's neck but it knew enough to run from me! Does that make him/her any less wild to me? Tough one! I'm pretty sure the 10 pointer would be a battle in my head right up to the time I pulled the trigger! LOL! maybe even after when I brought him to be mounted! LOL! Who know's? Maybe I would let him pass....Hmmm?
Old 12-14-2004, 06:39 PM

No chance. [:'(]
Why wouldn't you just walk up to it, tie a leash around its neck, and walk it back to your neighbor's house instead? [&:]
Old 12-14-2004, 06:46 PM
Typical Buck

Like I said the doe I saw knew to run and did! It didn't act tame at all! She was just as wild as any other deer I saw! Except for the dirty red bandana around it's neck! LOL!!
Old 12-14-2004, 07:44 PM

JJ- If you did happen to see the a 10 point buck with a red bandana around its neck and you shot it, I would expect you to leave the bandana on when you took it to the checking station and of course, you'd leave it on for all of the pictures, right?
Old 12-14-2004, 08:39 PM
Typical Buck

Hell, I'd wash it up and leave it on the mounted head! Makes for a good story!
Old 12-14-2004, 09:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

you are kidding, right?
Old 12-15-2004, 01:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

With a bandanaon it it could be a reincarnated Pagan cycle rider. If so they will shoot back
Old 12-15-2004, 07:10 AM
Fork Horn

WHAT not kill it, my God man do you want Dr. Alt to have a stroke? His theory is the only good deer is a pot roast !!!!!!
Sometimes I wonder if he has stock in the ammo companies

Quick Reply: hunters poll

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.