Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Another death in Pa. >

Another death in Pa.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Another death in Pa.

Old 12-12-2004, 05:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Another death in Pa.

Another hunter was shot yesterday in Lancaster county. Shot around 6 am by another hunter shooting at what he thought was a deer. It was pitch black outside.Both hunters were tresspassing. I myself heard alot shooting this year before light near me. Getting scary.I even heard what sounded like machine gun fire one morning before dark.Probably only a couple hundred yards from me. I make sure when I approach my stand I am shining a BIG light.
Old 12-12-2004, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Another death in Pa.

Unbelievable, 6AM???????????? This is rediculous. I was out Saturday and on a neighbors property about 6 deer were running straight away from them. They were all armed with pump rifles. You should have heard all the shots, and they did not stop when the deer were on the horizon. I mean come on guys, let's think before we are shooting!! No deer no matter how big is worth killing someone for!!!
Old 12-12-2004, 05:59 PM

This guy in Lancaster was shot with a slug gun!!!!!
WOW, he never had a chance.
Old 12-12-2004, 06:34 PM

Hear it every year from the game-lands that border my hunting spot! I can get in stand and hear shots a good 30 minutes before shooting light! It is funny to listen to these guys, as you can tell when a group of deer busts out into a field. You will hear one guy un-load, then another, then another right down the line!
Old 12-12-2004, 07:55 PM

Too bad. I suffered from a gunshot wound this year, during the Junior/Senior hunting days, I was with my father, and grandfather wehn my 30-06 misfired, and it shot me right in the foot. I know what it's liek for these people and there families[&o]
Old 12-12-2004, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's just mind-blowing. The stupidity of some is amazing. []
Old 12-12-2004, 08:35 PM

although i wouldn't want to be shot at all, ide sooner be hit with a slug than a high power rifle, i think you odds are better. ive shot deer in NY that have taken hits from 4 slugs, and nothing dramatic happened.
but as for the accidents. they will happen, i know how easy it is for your eyes to play tricks on you, esp when it is just starting to get light or getting dark, that is where it is the hunters responceablity to make sure of what he is shooting at, and know what is in the background.
as far as shooting yourself???? theres no reason for this what so ever, ive never seen a gun discharge by itself, at no time should that muzzle sweep you or another person. im willing to bet that you were walking with the tip of the muzzle rested on your foot, with your finger where it shouldn't of been. im sorry it happened, just remember the muzzle should always be pointed up, of strait out if front of you, UNLESS YOUR BEHIND SOMEONE. and never rested on your shoulder with the muzzle pointed back. guns dont misfire, hunters misfire guns.
Old 12-12-2004, 08:55 PM

is it me or are some people just idiots??? I hopethe guy that shot him gets the elecdtric chair......not for shooting the guy but for being a complete and total A-Hole
Old 12-12-2004, 09:15 PM

well you dont really know the things behind the accident, that is why they are called accidents, they can, do, and will happen. unless the guy shot was in plain view of the hunter, and not behind some brush or laurel. and the shooter knew he was there. then yes i would seek higher penalties. when someone walks into the woods and sees another hunter it is their responce ability to get out of range of that hunter, not just out of sight or just far enough in front of them that they can no longer see them. and its the hunter that is setting, responceability to shout stop when they see another hunter aproaching, have you ever done this, i doupt it, may of coughed or tried to make some noise. and orange isn't full proof. i had a guy set up with in 50yards of me on sat. and if i wouldn't of seen him walk in, i wouldn't of ever known he was there. and the only thing between us was a pine tree. i really had to look hard to see the orange threw the needles, In NY. he would of been in trouble, since they can hunt in Full Camo.
Old 12-12-2004, 09:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is the #1 reason why I won't hunt here in Lancaster county, its crazy in the woods. I did it once and saw probably well over 25 hunters in less than 5 hours all in the same area. I heard lots and lots of shooting, but only saw one guy that scored a kill. I asked a lot of people if they saw or shot anything and they said no. I'd rather not hunt than hunt in the vicinity of slob hunters and risk being shot.

Quick Reply: Another death in Pa.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.