Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Strange

Old 12-23-2004, 05:31 PM

Default RE: Strange

Sounds like those pet deer better stay in the house, or stay chained up when hunting season rolls around. Question: What kind of flea and deer tick shampoo are you supposed to use on a pet deer?
Old 03-12-2005, 11:44 AM

Well, I must say I have removed several pet dogs, etc for running rampid on my property before. If it is in fact a pet then the owners should take the responsibility of the animal. It is no longer a wild animal. Therefore it should be kept as a pet and not allowed to free roam. They have already broke the wild animals spirit and therefore I say it is open game. There fore they sould tend to it.
Old 03-13-2005, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bob1961- i just wanna say sometimes you have to step back and take a second and think about things before judging too quickly. if the guy shot a deer knowing he hit it and didnt track it then he is a slob but you seem to have a bias that he was an out of towner. sometimes a deer comes across not being hit but i would get down and look to make sure not right away though. you said the deer herd stayed around so maybe he had a chance at taking a secong deer so maybe he was waiting for another shot or for the deer to move on. if i know i have other hunters close by i wouldnt get out of my stand right away because its better to wait to begin tracking and also not to screw up the shots for other hunters in the immediate area. it is very easy to wonder from state game lands into private property so i would notify him and not dwell on it. i have a vacation cabin in the poconos like many from new york and new jersey and would also have to say most use there 2nd homes more than you think. i pay taxes in pennsy so why not be able to get a resident license.if the guy at the counter is just trying to get over on you then he is wrong. i wouldnt worry the game warden will some day catch up to him. i use my place from april till november on the weekends and when possible stay a couple weeks when i can. way more than 5 to 10 week ends. its been a family cabin since 1960 probably before you were born and i feel like pennsylvania is my home too.
Old 03-14-2005, 06:23 AM

ORIGINAL: moosehornhunter

Like I said before....some people just don't get it and they never will......

MHH,
You'll find that these guys shooting pet deer will also hunt in fenced preserves, they know as much about hunting as Martha Stewart.

Now if someone would collar an animal AND tie it to a tree, maybe ol' jerky could shoot a deer once in awhile.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:44 AM
etw

liquidorange, Are we to understand that you purchase resident hunting licenses at both your home state and PA?