Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 A BABY< A DEER,A DISLOCATED HIP >

A BABY< A DEER,A DISLOCATED HIP

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

A BABY< A DEER,A DISLOCATED HIP

Old 12-08-2004, 02:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default A BABY< A DEER,A DISLOCATED HIP

OH what a day ! got up at 1:30 am ,got in my sports chair at 5;00 am under the hemlock tree.As of today I spent almost 300 hours this season under that tree. About 6 am pitch dark a shot goes off ,almost crapped my pants,then 30 seconds another shot. I made up my mind when I got home I was calling the PGC again. About 6:45 heard a deer snort behind me in the 10 foot high briars. 7 oclock out steps a nice deer in the field full of briars at 30 yards. BANG went the slug gun it jumped and rain in to 20 foot high briars and I thought I seen it go down. Then I got up out of my chair fell on the muddy ground. Got things together .Went to where I last seen it. fought with my canes thru the briars and worked my way along the thick fence line .No where.Then I went on the other side of the fence line and moved up the other side . No deer. I went back to the shot spot looked and found blood .After 30 minutes of fighting with the briars . I looked in the fence line and it was buried all but its tail.. This took like 3 hours since I shot. Could not move the deer .I slipped fell and I heard my hip pop out of joint. There I lay in a fence line in 20 foot briars next to a dead deer. PAIN. I looked at the deer and WHAT where in the world It was so old it did not have any teeth in the top and bottom left jaw.And the right side was 3/4 run down
Unknown to me at the same time my daughter inlaw was getting ready to have a baby. Stuck on the ground I took off my jacket my fanny pack hat and was able to get on top of the deer and reach a branch with my canes.With one yell I pulled my self up. Got back to the car eventually.Drove to a neighbor I know and he went back and got the deer and my stuff. I sat my self in the car seat and ,like before managed to [pop my hip back in.I went home.And found out about the baby. All muddy and full of blood off to the hospital when I found out my only grandson was born. 6 lbs 15 ounces 21 inches. Christopher Micheal Jr.
The neighbor went and got the deer and when I got home at 3:30 pm the neighbor had already took the deer to my butcher.
LIKE I SAID WHAT A DAY. I'm, goingand lay down. I'm really feeling pretty good.A deer And a grandson,WHOPPPEE See ya all tommorrow
Old 12-08-2004, 03:19 PM

Default RE: A BABY< A DEER,A DISLOCATED HIP

great story & congrats on the deer & grandson. Hope the hip feels better.
Old 12-08-2004, 03:34 PM

Man I hope I got that kind of gumption when I'm your age... God bless and Congrats
Jim
Old 12-08-2004, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats on the deer and the grandson.
Old 12-08-2004, 04:06 PM

Way to go. Hope all three of ya are doing well... and the meat's not nearly as tough as the hunter.
Old 12-08-2004, 04:29 PM

Congratulations on the grandson!
Thank God you got out of woods ok. Would have been terrible to be out there suffering. Glad you got the deer too...
Old 12-08-2004, 04:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

CD, you know better than to go hunting by yourself[:@]. All in all a very good outcome for you though. Congrats on both you ol hardhead .
Old 12-08-2004, 05:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Cardeer congrats on little Carboy and also on the deer , like Rick said you know better than going it alone, good thing you have a lot of friends.
Old 12-08-2004, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats!! You have my respect for your toughness and determination!!
Old 12-08-2004, 05:16 PM

Congrats on all fronts. Your persistence finally paid off. Hope you are feeling better tomorrow.

PS&gt; I guess Elmer Fudd didn't appear today?

Quick Reply: A BABY< A DEER,A DISLOCATED HIP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.