Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 where's the ususal PGC report??????? >

where's the ususal PGC report???????

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

where's the ususal PGC report???????

Old 12-07-2004, 11:18 AM
Fork Horn

Default where's the ususal PGC report???????

I noticed the PGC has yet to post their usual mid gun season report on their web site...you all know which one I speak of.... it usually starts off by saying deer kill is another record, hunting is harder this year but GOOD hunters can find deer, many big bucks being reported, those hunters that didn't kill a BIG buck were lazy and wouldn't look for one more than 100 yds from an interstate highway
Old 12-07-2004, 11:19 AM

Default RE: where's the ususal PGC report???????

Usuall mid gun season report? Wasn't a report last year or the year before. They don't report anything until about March after numbers have been crunched. Check the press releases from previouse years on their website.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

I think I know what he is referring to. It normally isn't an official "report" but rather some comments via the Associated Press or some other news service that is doing a story on the deer season.

My guess is the "poor weather" we have had this year will be to blame. Much, too much rain.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:25 AM

If it was from the PGC it would be as a press release and past releases can be found on their website.
Old 12-07-2004, 01:01 PM

12/18/2002 Release #115-02
HISTORIC DEER SEASON HIGHLIGHTED BY WIDESPREAD HUNTER SUPPORT AND COOPERATION
They couldn't figure away to explain the low buck harvest in 2003 so they didn't release a glowing preliminary report.
Old 12-07-2004, 01:11 PM

If you look back through the years they have press releases for there isn't a mid season report. No report until March.
Old 12-07-2004, 01:33 PM

Here is a Nov 10th press release

...""Local distribution and abundance of fall foods, weather conditions, hunter distribution and pressure, and other factors can have enormous impacts on what individual hunters will see. And don't forget that after tough winters - like Pennsylvania's last two - deer can become more concentrated in areas where they were forced to move into to survive winter, and less likely to return to the areas they left."

It looks like the PGC is already placing blame on weather, fall foods, and pressure but the rifle season hasn't even started.
Old 12-07-2004, 01:54 PM

No mention of the number of deer taken tough.

What is quoted above is true of any hunting season.
Old 12-07-2004, 02:09 PM

ORIGINAL: T_in_PA2

If you look back through the years they have press releases for there isn't a mid season report. No report until March.
Then what was the press release I posted if it wasn't a preliminary report? Did you look at the date and read the PR.
Old 12-07-2004, 05:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

They are waiting for the answer from Carmack the magnificent Johnny carson

Quick Reply: where's the ususal PGC report???????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.