Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 How's it going for PA hunters ??? >

How's it going for PA hunters ???

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

How's it going for PA hunters ???

Old 12-01-2004, 04:24 AM

Default How's it going for PA hunters ???

Well I got out yesterday late afternoon (tuesday) for the first time. I didn't see anything. My dad saw a tall spike running with a rack buck yesterday morning but he couldn't count the points [:@] so he didn't shoot it. i told him that chances are if it had a two points on each side that it had browtines but we both agreed that it's better to be safe than sorry........ we have seven game wardens living within a two mile radius of our houses
Old 12-01-2004, 05:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: How's it going for PA hunters ???

I was out on Monday up in Pike County and saw two does at about 70 yards. Too many small saplings between myself and the deer for a clean shot. Some of the other guys I hunt with also saw a few does but no shot opportunities. Maybe next time. I will be heading locally for the following two Saturdays. I always enjoy sitting back and enjoying the show.
Old 12-01-2004, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Went to camp on Sunday.
The Boy woke up Monday morning with a fever and chills, sore throat and cough. I stayed in camp and made him hot tea and turkey noodle soup and nursed him for two days. Took him to the doctor last night, tested negative for strep, he may have mono they said. I have yet to go out, maybe Saturday. I just can't leave him behind for some strange reason.
Old 12-01-2004, 12:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Our camp got the standard two bucks. I saw 3 doe early Monday and took a nap in my stand around 10:30. My eyes snapped open a little before 11:00 and 30 seconds later I heard a shot from my dad's area. I looked up and saw a buck moving between me and him about 120 yards away. He needed to clear some trees before I could get a shot, but never made it because my dad dropped him. He was a good 8 with an 18 inch spread and my dad's best buck so I'm very happy for him. He'll be going up on the wall. Another guy in our camp missed a big 9 point that another hunter got up the hill from me. I may have had a shot, but I was looking the wrong direction.[:@] Another guy in our camp got a smaller 8 early Tuesday morning. We didn't see as many deer this year as we normally do, but they started timbering our hillside last week and the farm field on top was cut in September. There are definitely bigger bucks around and we are starting to reap the rewards of Dr. Alt's plan.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:30 AM

We had a group of 4 in McKean County. I tagged out with a 9pt and a doe on opening day. My husband got a small 6pt, no shots fired by the other 2, but they could have gotten a doe on Monday if they wanted too, they waited till Tuesday and never saw a deer under 300 yards. I'm not hearing too many success stories here in Beaver County.

I saw a total of 25 deer on Monday, 1 buck and on Tuesday while driving for the family I saw 6 does and 1 possible 8 pt.
I return to work on Monday so Friday and Saturday I will be the hound dog for for the guys with tags to fill.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:35 AM

We've had deer up and running eveyday so far. Mainly does but a couple nice bucks have snuck past us and we're still hearing reports that there are atleast 2 huges bucks in the area. Hopefully with the right drive they'll be in shooting range. Good luck to all.
Old 12-02-2004, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

We are having a good season. Monday was slow for good buck sightings, we have been passing smaller bucks for years long before AR. My brother shot a nice 8 Pt with 8" G2's with a 16.5" Spread. Tuesday was a different story. The buck were up and moving and rutting heavily. My uncle and cousin both shot nice 8 Pt's. I had a very intersting day after seeing about 30 deer, and passing a 5 and 6 point, I had a BIG buck come in some heavy brush, he was with some doe and snort weasing (this is the first time I've heard this in the wild, very cool!), I was waiting for him to take a few steps to clear some heavy brush when another nice buck approached. Needless to say the BIG boy took off and chased the other buck off, never saw the BIG boy again. About an hour later a nice 18" nine pointer with 10" g2's came in on the same trail as the last buck grunting, he took the necessay route and I popped him.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:37 AM
Fork Horn

Worst season in 50 years at camp. We hunt in WMU 3C and had 17 guys in camp. On Monday no bucks were taken and only 6 does. However, some of the guys were only going to shoot a buck on the 1st day so they let some does pass. Second day no bucks either althought a big 8pt was missed and 1 doe taken. Wed. rained like heell and wind was a blowin glad I had to be back at work on Wed so I didn't have to make a choice about going out. LOL

The number of deer sightings are WAY down and the re seems to be a lot of small spike & Y bucks along with does from last year with thier 1st fawns.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was with my nephew when he took his first deer Monday, a nice 6 point buck and I shot a doe Wednesday with a handgun...
Old 12-02-2004, 09:06 AM

i diddnt get anything yet, i could have shot a doe but i shot one in archery and am saving my bonus tag for muzzleloader. . .. .my buddy coyotepup's freind got a sweet non-typical 18 point.. . big congrats to him and all others who bagged a deer

Quick Reply: How's it going for PA hunters ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.