Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Pics. of a couple of WNY bucks fron 2004... >

Pics. of a couple of WNY bucks fron 2004...

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pics. of a couple of WNY bucks fron 2004...

Old 11-29-2004, 11:29 AM
Fork Horn

Default Pics. of a couple of WNY bucks fron 2004...

Here are a few photos from the 2004 season...

The first couple are of my 2.5 yr. old bowkill 8-pt (dressed 145 lbs.

This is my uncles 10-pt. that he took on Nov. 23 in Steuben County, NY. Looks to be a really nice 3.5 yr. old buck with a 18" inside spread, a small droptine and a forked G-2 on the left side. He was really rutted out and probably only weighed around 145 lbs. My uncle said that this buck came running out just before dark with a much bigger buck that was alot wider and taller than this one. Unfortunately, he couldn't get a shot at the big buck but was able to take this one before he disappeared into the brush. Not a bad consolation prize!

Just for the record...it has been one weird deer season in my area of the state. Everyone's saying that they are seeing lots of sign (rubs, scrapes, tracks) but no one is seeing any deer. It's been one tough (almost pathetic) gun season so far.
Old 11-29-2004, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pics. of a couple of WNY bucks fron 2004...

nice deer

looks like a real nice shot on the bow kill - bet he didn't go far
Old 11-29-2004, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

nice bucks
Old 11-29-2004, 04:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Good looking deer
Old 11-29-2004, 06:46 PM

ORIGINAL: WNY Bowhunter

Everyone's saying that they are seeing lots of sign (rubs, scrapes, tracks) but no one is seeing any deer. It's been one tough (almost pathetic) gun season so far.
Same here in 3H!!!!!!!
Old 12-08-2004, 10:54 PM

You are awfully far east to be from Western NY.Those of us from WNY might take exception to that.I'm from Erie county and we are the true WNYers.Nice bucks anyways.
Old 12-09-2004, 03:24 AM

mdrbowler99, why would you take offense to that??? if that get's your panties in a bunch then there is something wrong there.
Old 12-09-2004, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice Deer!!!
Old 12-09-2004, 06:42 AM

Great pics.... Congratulations!!! I'd love to hunt Steuben Co. someday... It looks like you're in a really great area... Just out of curiosity how available is rural land for sale in your neck of the woods... I'm in a lease club in NJ and I hunt Orange Co. in NY. Dealing with other club members and competition for stand locations is getting to really piss me off... I'm tired of going hunting to argue with guys... If I wanted that I'd come to work!!! I always thought Steuben Co. would be the place to purchase a piece of deer hunting property... again congrats and good luck with the rest of your season.
Jim B.
Old 12-09-2004, 07:46 AM

Thecontractor,we WNYers are a different breed.We pay for the right to be WNYers.Sales tax up to %9.25 now.A little snow doesn't bother us.A few years ago we got 7 ft of snow in a week and I went out in it everyday and thought it was great.Other places and that is national disaster.Wings and Weck.All WNYers know the meaning.I hopefully won't be a WNYer much longer or a NYer at all.This state sucks.As soon as I can,I'm outta this state.My father is moving to Alabama in March and says that just moving he saves over $5,000 in taxes and gas bills.I'm looking for a new place to live.Any info would be helpful.I love to hunt and fish.

Quick Reply: Pics. of a couple of WNY bucks fron 2004...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.