Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Pa. deer hunting BAD???? >

Pa. deer hunting BAD????

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa. deer hunting BAD????

Old 10-26-2004, 10:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Pa. deer hunting BAD????

THATS what i'm hearing from lots of people this year.My neighbors all go up state and they are disgusted with the lack of sign and seeing deer. Some guys and I mean guys that are good hunters are seing 1 and 2 deer a week. Even in the always populated south sections of pa. people are disgusted. Is this what you are finding this year. On local hunting boards it looks like the hunter is getting ready for a revolution against the PGC.
Old 10-26-2004, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pa. deer hunting BAD????

We've been seeing just as many deer this year as we have in the past. We also have seen about 8 nice bucks and a couple of dinks. So far, we have taken one buck and two does. We are in Sullivan County, PA (3B). Our deer numbers were down for a few years in the early 1990s but seem to be pretty high now. In Montgomery County I have seen a bunch of deer, too - including a couple nice bucks this summer(4C). I don't know about some of the SGLs in other parts of the state, though. Just reporting what I've been seeing.
Old 10-26-2004, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Correction....PA DEER HUNTING ...........IS...GOOOOD!
At least where I hunt..
Old 10-26-2004, 02:30 PM
Spike

I actually think it is improving majorly. I have seen a deer almost every sit. That was very unusual for my area. After about the second week I was seeing even more. Last Saturday I got my 5 point, and also saw a 120 class buck. So it would think that it is only getting better.
Old 10-26-2004, 02:42 PM
Fork Horn

Where we hunt in Susquehanna county it has been real, I mean real slow. We got one 8pt so far. Thats not the issue though. Deer stands that normally have 10 or more deer sightings a session have had NONE. We have a food plot of clover and they don't come into at all or I should say when we are there hunting it. There is lots of rubs already and some scrapes popping up but it appears the deer are nocturnal right now. Temps & weather has not cooperated yet so keep your fingers crossed
Old 10-26-2004, 02:48 PM

I myself have to say I covered alot of ground this year in the early m/l season ,morning posted for 3 hours and then still hunted for about 1 hour total tail's I seen 0 .I did put in 5 days of hunting @ hunted in different locations as far as deer signs few and far between,no fresh tracks on the mud trails(we did have three days of rain) and other hunters I spoke with said they did see the same amount of deer O
I will think the regular deer season will tell the true story a lot more guys in the woods ,if the deer are there they will be on the move
Old 10-26-2004, 03:00 PM
Fork Horn

Correction...deer hunting...BAD
atleast where i live
Old 10-26-2004, 04:36 PM

I don't know if its good or bad, but hunters who hunt the farm (my brother in laws) are reporting less sightings and there are less deer harvested than previous years. One buck so far and no antlerless. My own year has been about the same, of all the days hunting I have only seen one deer.

My trailcams are not picking up much activity.
Old 10-26-2004, 04:58 PM
Fork Horn

they have been moving at night up here in pike county in 3-D....i work at night so when going into work thats all i see are deer as a matter of fact at least 2-3 times a week i just miss hitting one with my car coming home or going to work....and where i've been hunting so far during m/l season all that have been coming out on me have been bucks.................bob
Old 10-26-2004, 06:58 PM

I wouldn't say that PA deer hunting is BAD. I go out almost every day and have seen deer almost every day. HOWEVER, the adult doe have disappeared. All summer I seen them everywhere with their fawns. Now the almost grown fawns are showing up without their mothers. I've also seen far too many small bucks. I'd sure like to know where all the big boys and girls are...
On a side note, the wind here has been coming from the east for a couple of weeks now. It makes it kinda hard to hunt the far side of my property. Maybe that's where they all are?

Quick Reply: Pa. deer hunting BAD????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.