Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA youth deer hunting results DAY 1 >

PA youth deer hunting results DAY 1

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA youth deer hunting results DAY 1

Old 10-22-2004, 04:58 AM

Default PA youth deer hunting results DAY 1

well yesterday's weather conditions were absolutely horrible!!! there was NOBODY else in the woods all day!! We tried the sit and then walk method but turned up nothing. We did walk through some thickets yesterday and kicked something out. we didn't get to see it (too thick) but it was a large game animal, either a deer or a bear which i think it was a deer. the boy is pretty discouraged. he was going to take another day of school off today but he said he wanted to wait until regular rifle season to back out. i'm not going to push him but i woke up this morning and it's a fresh new day. i think i'm going to try to talk him into going back out tomarrow morning because small game starts here in PA....... and there will be guys moving the deer (hopefully) and the weather is supposed to be better than it has been.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:52 AM

Default RE: PA youth deer hunting results DAY 1

well, good news!!! i didn't have to talk long before his eyes lit up. he actually wants to go!!! to tell you the truth, i've been kind of worried about him and the "hunting thing" because he hasn't really showed much interest. he's my stepson (even though i think of him as my own) and i got to him rather late. he was only six when i met his mother and we haven't exactly gotten along that great until the past year or so. his mother never got into hunting (until now!!) so it's been hard explaining to him what hunting is all about. but anyways, he's come around and i know if he atleast gets see a deer he will want to keep hunting.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:07 AM

I'm glad to hear he is excited about going back out. Be careful not to push him towards it too hard, you dont want to turn him off to hunting for good because he feels he has to do it. I think once he gets a deer he will be hooked, that adrenaline rush cant be replaced by to many other things. Good luck....I hope he bags a big one.
Old 10-22-2004, 06:31 PM

Glad to hear he is interested. I am bummed in a similar way. In the morning NH youth weekend starts. My 14yo stepdaughter who I have been around the past 11yrs doesn't want to go out this year. I asked twice over the last two weeks and there has been no response. I thought she would go as her new boyfriend and his father are hunters and they are going. I have a 4yo son who would go in a heartbeat but I could see the headlines now " 4 year old boy bags 200lb buck with a .308 semi !!" Only a few more years and he will get to go. I can't wait. I keep him interested by taking him once in a while during bow and rifle seasons to a local corn field to see tracks and sit on a stonewall for a while. He cries for a good 1/2 hr my wife says when he sees me leaving for hunting. 3 or 4 years can't go by quick enough for hunting but they grow up so fast you don't want to rush it. Anyway, enough rambling.

I'm glad to see your son had a good time yesterday and saw the light again. The whole thing revolves around quality time together.
Old 10-23-2004, 08:57 AM
Typical Buck

Good luck to you contractor! Keep the questions coming . I'm sure most of us here would like to help in anyway we can......Jim
Old 10-23-2004, 07:13 PM

went out today until noon, still didn't see anything. the deer just aren't moving around. i didn't want to keep him out to long and turn him off for good. we still have regular rifle season............that's when we see herds of deer around here because there are people in the woods moving them. i know he'll have a good time then, if i can keep him warm.
Old 10-25-2004, 07:31 AM

Well I am glad to hear you at least had a better Saturday then meBecause while I was in the woods, my gun began to slip from against the tree, I went to grab it, brushed the safety on my way, grabbed the handle, hit the trigger[&o]And guess waht happened next. Yep, that is correct, a day and a half in the ER, got surgery, now I only have about 9 toes, almost[>:]And I don't know if I will ever go hunting again[:-]
Old 10-25-2004, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

i went out friday and saturday , saw a bunch of deer both days , saw a couple buck! saturday i saw prolly 20 to 30 deer , and took a doe with my shotgun . I also did a few drives and pushed a monster past my dad and friend , but they didnt shoot due to the laws! My dad had the smokepole and so did my firend , i was the only JR out there and so i carried a shotty! I will hunt hard now since i have been diagnosed with MONO and have free tiem off schol and hockey! hope to arrow a nice one soon , the rut should be on by this weekend!
Old 10-25-2004, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Son, if you have MONO you should be in bed resting. Don't monkey around with that and take it from me. When I as 17 I was sick for two months. Finally went to the doctor and got diagnosed. I wouldn't listen to my Mom or doctor and kept running around partying and hunting and such and got worse. I ended up deathly sick, my tonsils abcessed, my throat swelled shut and my liver was enlarged. Took me 8 months more to recover. GET YOUR REST!
Old 10-25-2004, 10:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

i got a big doe on thursday of youth hunt with the ol 223. Good luck everyone!

Quick Reply: PA youth deer hunting results DAY 1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.