Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Lefty whacks a 7pt >

Lefty whacks a 7pt

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Lefty whacks a 7pt

Old 10-12-2004, 10:35 AM

Default Lefty whacks a 7pt

Alright here he is, with a little story. He is not a moster by any means but hes an ok buck and the hunt was awesome. I took off work early yesterday and drove up to my buddies parents land in Allegany County. I got in my tree and was all situated, after about 10 mins I hit the grunt call a couple times. About a min later I hear a deer behind and turn to see a small spike, about 20 yards behind him is a nice 4pt. Well these 2 little deer decide to put on a show and start a knock down drag em out fight, 20 yards from my stand. Were not talking a little sparring here, they were pushing each other back and forth, crashing into brush and trees, knocking each other over. It was pretty awesome to see. They did this for a good 15 min, after they were done they continued past my stand, they got down wind of me and turned heading out of of site. I grunted at them a couple times but they kept on going. About 5 min later I hear another deer coming in behind me and its this guy,he is following the same trail the other 2 bucks came down, he is sniffing the ground looking all around, walks straight to me and stops at 15 yards and turns broad side. Well the rest is history, he got smoked.

For the area I was hunting he is not a bad buck, in hind site I probaly should have let him walk though, but I got caught up in the moment......and well its to late now. I'm thankful for any deer I can harvest and am happy with him. He will provide meat in the freezer and a memory of a great hunt.

Old 10-12-2004, 10:38 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Lefty whacks a 7pt

Lefty,
You're a deer huntin' machine! Great story, congrats on the buck. Hope you have a big freezer the way you are going!

-Rick C.
Old 10-12-2004, 10:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thats good 2 down ,how many to go??
Old 10-12-2004, 10:48 AM

My in-laws have 3 big freezers in their basement. I have taken 6 the past 2 years and we always run out of meat in the spring. I'm shooting for 10 this year to take me from hunting season to hunting season. I love deer meat, and while I like to take trophy animals my main goal is putting meat in the freezer. I save a lot of money each year at the grocery store by not having to buy meat.
Old 10-12-2004, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats lefty nice shootin, I guess you gotta shoot another doe now, I guess me and eric got some catchin up to do!!

p.s. what no picture of the entrance wound/reproductive organ??
Old 10-12-2004, 06:42 PM
Typical Buck

Way to go! Nothing like a successful hunt.
Old 10-12-2004, 07:55 PM
Typical Buck

Sweet smell of success!!!!

Bob
Old 10-14-2004, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats! That's a nice little buck!
Old 10-14-2004, 04:18 PM
Fork Horn

Ok guys, I'm taking bets.....will Lefty be posting pictures of a buck or a doe Saturday evening (I'm going with a doe)?
slow down lefty, your making us all look bad!!!

-Rick C.
Old 10-14-2004, 04:31 PM

Awsome,Good job

Quick Reply: Lefty whacks a 7pt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.